Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

Sparse matrix equilibration

Tibaldi__Alberto
Beginner

Hi,

I'm working with a very non-equilibrated sparse linear system, which in MATLAB I treat with a function probably similar to dgeequ. Question: is there anything like this for MKL Sparse BLAS? Or something doing something similar dealing with preconditioners?

In case dgeequ or similar is not available, I have a second question: to implement dgeequ I need to find the minimum/maximum element of a row and/or column of a sparse matrix. Is it possible to do it in MKL working directly with the matrix handle? Otherwise, my best solution would be to export in the three-array format the matrix and work on the vectors...

Best Regards,

Alberto

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Khang_N_Intel
Employee

Hi Alberto,

I will need to check with the MKL team and will let you know.

Best regards,

Khang

0 Kudos
Kirill_V_Intel
Employee

Hello Alberto,

Currently, we don't support such functionality in IE SpBLAS. So I think the easiest way to do it is to export data and work on raw pointers. You can submit a feature request for us to add the functionality like dgeequ. 

Khang, could you give an appropriate link to a place where feature requests are created for MKL?

Best,
Kirill

0 Kudos
Khang_N_Intel
Employee

Hi Kirill,

Thank you for providing the answer to this question.

Hi Alberto,

Why don't you sent me an email at khang.t.nguyen@intel.com describing the requested feature in detail along with the OS, data types and data sizes preferences?

Best regards,

Khang

0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel

Alberto, please submit this Feature Request via the Intel Online Service Center which is the official Support channel.

0 Kudos