Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.
6977 Discussions

Statically linking IPP and MKL libary in same MSVS2008 project

rohitspandey
Beginner

Hi,

I am developing an application which uses both IPP and MKL. Till now i was using MKL ( mkl_rt.lib)and IPP (ippcorel.lib ippsemerged.lib ippsmerged.lib ippvmemerged.lib ippvmmerged.lib ippsremerged.lib ippsrmerged.lib) for developing appliation. Now I have to move to static linking of the project as per document (http://software.intel.com/sites/products/documentation/doclib/mkl_sa/11/mkl_userguide_win/mkl_userguide_win.pdf  Page 29) i am using  IA-32 architecture, static linking :: mkl_intel_c.lib mkl_intel_ thread.lib mkl_core.lib libiomp5md.lib (for MKL.)

IPP : ippcorel.lib ippsemerged.lib ippsmerged.lib ippvmemerged.lib ippvmmerged.lib ippsremerged.lib ippsrmerged.lib

If I try to build this project then i get >65K  redifition  warnings and the build fails. Kindly let me know  how to build the a project with both IPP and MKL staticatlly linked and used.

Ps: I have used the optuin of additional dependent libraries  in librarian settings of my application project to include the IPP and MKL

1>ippsmerged.lib(psfftssmallca_split_px_ipps_cFFT_1_scale_32fc.obj) : warning LNK4221: no public symbols found; archive member will be inaccessible

1>ippsmerged.lib(psfftssmallca_split_px_ipps_cFFT_1_32fc.obj) : warning LNK4006: _px_ipps_cFFT_1_32fc already defined in mkl_core.lib(psfftssmallca_split_px_ipps_cFFT_1_32fc.obj); second definition ignored

1>ippsmerged.lib(psfftssmallca_split_px_ipps_cFFT_1_32fc.obj) : warning LNK4221: no public symbols found; archive member will be inaccessible

1>ippsmerged.lib(psfftsrecca_split_px_ipps_initTabTwdRealRec_32f.obj) : warning LNK4006: _px_ipps_initTabTwdRealRec_32f already defined in mkl_core.lib(psfftsrecca_split_px_ipps_initTabTwdRealRec_32f.obj); second definition ignored

1>ippsmerged.lib(psfftsrecca_split_px_ipps_initTabTwdRealRec_32f.obj) : warning LNK4221: no public symbols found; archive member will be inaccessible

1>LINK : fatal error LNK1189: library limit of 65535 objects exceeded

Regards

Rohit

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Gennady_F_Intel
i guess this is the same issue as we see here http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/topic/328179
0 Kudos