Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
6435 Discussions

Unclassifiable error on second call to dss_reorder

potaman
Beginner

I am solving a nonlinear problem that requires me to construct and solve a matrix many times for which I wish to use dss in MKL10.2.6.038.The code is in fortran 90 and I use ifort 11.0.046.The structure of the matrix changes and hence the solver has to be deleted and reconstructed at every iteration. When I run my code , it runs fine the first time, however on the second iteration, dss_reorder crashes with an unclassifiable error.
This happens irrespective of whether the matrix is the same or not. the second call to dss_reorder fails. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
potaman
Beginner
I tried changing to 10.3.3.174 and got that a Memory Overwrite in lda-m gap error. any idea what this means?
Gennady_F_Intel
"The structure of the matrix changes and hence the solver has to be deleted and reconstructed at every iteration" - what do you mean by "the solver has to be deleted"? Please show thow order of invoking dss routines and be much better if you give us the test case.
--Gennady
potaman
Beginner
Step 1 .
At each time step do,
error = dss_create(handle,MKL_DSS_DEFAULTS)
error = dss_define_structure(handle,MKL_DSS_NON_SYMMETRIC,ia,n,n,ja,nnz)
dss_reorder(handle,MKL_DSS_AUTO_ORDER,perm)
!! then for a number of iterations I do.
error = dss_solve_real(handle,MKL_DSS_DEFAULTS,b,1,x)
!! After the code has converged
error = dss_delete(handle,MKL_DSS_DEFAULTS)
At the first time step this works fine. at the second time step . I am able to create the solver and define its structure. but when the call is made to dss_reorder, I get
Memory overwrite in lda-m gap: loc( -65536, 21322608) = 0.0000000 , Invalid message level
Konstantin_A_Intel
Hi,
Where do you call dss_factor?
Regards,
Konstantin