Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

Where are all the .dll files located?

J__Eduardo_R_
Beginner

I just bought the Intel Composer XE 2013 which contains MKL libraries, I just installed it into a Windows server 2008 machine.

I´m writting a program that loads dynamically(LoadLibrary()) MKL libraries, but in order to do so I need to use mkl_rt.dll file, I'm able to locate the mkl_rt.lib file, but no .dll, actually I just noticed that inside MKL_HOME/lib/intel64 directory, there is not even one .dll file, I've also searched for any .dll file inside MKL_HOME directory without success.

Are the .dll files being installed in some other directory?

Here is the list of the files inside MKL_HOME/lib/intel64

ls
mkl_blacs_ilp64_dll.lib mkl_cdft_core.lib mkl_intel_thread_dll.lib mkl_scalapack_lp64_dll.lib
mkl_blacs_intelmpi_ilp64.lib mkl_cdft_core_dll.lib mkl_lapack95_ilp64.lib mkl_sequential.lib
mkl_blacs_intelmpi_lp64.lib mkl_core.lib mkl_lapack95_lp64.lib mkl_sequential_dll.lib
mkl_blacs_lp64_dll.lib mkl_core_dll.lib mkl_pgi_thread.lib mydll.c
mkl_blacs_mpich2_ilp64.lib mkl_intel_ilp64.lib mkl_pgi_thread_dll.lib 
mkl_blacs_mpich2_lp64.lib mkl_intel_ilp64_dll.lib 
mkl_blacs_msmpi_ilp64.lib mkl_intel_lp64.lib mkl_rt.lib 
mkl_blacs_msmpi_lp64.lib mkl_intel_lp64_dll.lib mkl_scalapack_ilp64.lib 
mkl_blas95_ilp64.lib mkl_intel_sp2dp.lib mkl_scalapack_ilp64_dll.lib 
mkl_blas95_lp64.lib mkl_intel_thread.lib mkl_scalapack_lp64.lib

0 Kudos
4 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III

Did you check the PATH which is set up when you open the compiler command prompt window? That (PATH settings from compilervars.bat) is the supported way of getting the dlls on PATH.  How about the \redist\intel64\mkl\ folder in the compiler installation?

0 Kudos
J__Eduardo_R_
Beginner

Hi Tim,

Thanks, I just found the mkl_rt.dll file inside COMPOSER XE 2013\redist\intel64\mkl.

Regards.

Eduardo Ramírez.

0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
>>... I just found the mkl_rt.dll file inside COMPOSER XE 2013\redist\intel64\mkl... That's correct. Also, all 32-bit MKL DLLs are located in: [ ICCInstallDir ]\Redist\Ia32\Mkl
0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
>>...I´m writting a program that loads dynamically ( LoadLibrary() ) MKL libraries... That solution is working for 32-bit and 64-bit DLLs and I use it most of the time ( it is more flexible ). MKL DLLs could be changed any time and there is No need to recompile an application.
0 Kudos