Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.
6981 Discussions

functions for the conversion of matrix storage schemes

woshiwuxin
Novice
Hi, everyone!
There're three types of matrix storage schemes in Intel MKL. But is there any function for the conversion between them?
Thank you in advance!
0 Kudos
4 Replies
ArturGuzik
Valued Contributor I
Hi,

take a look at these (if you're referring to sparse storage schemes).

Matrix converters

mkl_?dnscsr

Converts a sparse matrix in the dense representation to the CSR format (3-array variation).

mkl_?csrcoo

Converts a sparse matrix in the CSR format (3-array variation) to the coordinate format and vice versa.

mkl_?csrbsr

Converts a sparse matrix in the CSR format to the BSR format (3-array variations) and vice versa.

mkl_?csrcsc

Converts a sparse matrix in the CSR format to the CSC and vice versa (3-array variations).

mkl_?csrdia

Converts a sparse matrix in the CSR format (3-array variation) to the diagonal format and vice versa.

mkl_?csrsky

Converts a sparse matrix in the CSR format (3-array variation) to the sky line format and vice versa.

A.
0 Kudos
woshiwuxin
Novice
Hi, Artur!
I wasn't not refering to the sparse storage. Anyway, I can write the code on my own. But that can be less optimized compared with the library functions from professional programers.
0 Kudos
ArturGuzik
Valued Contributor I
Hi,

if you didin't refer to sparse storage, MKl uses these:

Also from docs:

Intel MKL provides a number of routines such as ?hfrk, ?sfrk performing BLAS operations working directly on RFP matrices, as well as some conversion routines, for instance, ?tpttf goes from the standard packed format to RFP and ?trttf goes from the full format to RFP.

Please refer to the Netlib site for more information (this is actually very good place to start if plan any sort of development).

A.
0 Kudos
woshiwuxin
Novice
Thanks, Artur! I will take a look.
0 Kudos