Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

intel mkl parallel in visual studio

GN__Kavya
Beginner

Hi,

I have developed a small app in visual studio with intel mkl set to parallel and openmp language support to yes. it works correctly. 

Now i want to package the software. But .exe file does'nt execute, it gives exception. I have copied mkl_core.dll , mkl_intel_thread.dll , libiomp5md.dll to the folder which contains .exe as it was showing that these files were missing. I think it doesn't link to mkl.h or openmp.

Can you please help me with the procedure how i can make .exe execute independently .

Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Gennady_F_Intel

The easiest way to add the paths to the mkl dll and compiler dll to the system paths. Or ( this is not recommended way) copy all mkl and libiomp5md.dll to the same folder where your exe file is located. Please refer to the MKL Getting Started Guide to see more details. 

0 Kudos
GN__Kavya
Beginner

@ Gennady F. (Blackbelt)

Thank you for your reply. For now i have copied all dll to the same folder of exe file. And it works.

I also wanted to know, when i use visual studio, i manually set intel mkl to parallel in project properties.If not i get a error that mkl.h is not defined

Is there a way to set path externally for this setting. If so, where should i set path for this settings? I don't know which libraries should be set for path.

I'm learning c++ on my own so any help would be very much appreciated. Thank you in advance?

0 Kudos
GN__Kavya
Beginner

And also how can i set the same settings in Qt .. I saw many forums that says we should sert INCLUDEPATH and LIBS.

But for which files should i link it to, for same settings intel mkl parallel?

0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel

These questions are not related to MKL or Qt libs and I am not aware how to change these VS settings ... probably make sense to ask this question the MVSC community. 

0 Kudos