Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

iparm[2] value

Dinesh_S_
Beginner

hi,

The intel manual says iparm[2] can only be 0, 2 or 3. What happens if this has been set to 1? (It does not throw any error)

Thanks

Dinesh

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Zhen_Z_Intel
Employee

Hi Dinesh,

For this case, if you set iparm[2] to 1, you probably could not reduce the time spent for reordering the matrix. And you will get error message on the top Pardiso summary "PARDISO Internationalization error. Message 164 is unknown."

0 Kudos
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

In general, if you assign disallowed values to arguments, or fail to assign any value to arguments, anything may happen. When library routines are designed, a trade-off has to be made between performance and error-checking. When the number of arguments is large or the arguments are complex the cost of error-checking can be quite high, so it is not performed. (By "complex" I mean arrays or of a type with several components, not complex in the mathematical sense)

An analogy may help. There is a one-way street here with a speed limit of 35 (miles per hour). What happens if my speed is 45? What about -25?

0 Kudos
Dinesh_S_
Beginner

Hi Fiona,

What I noticed that, it seemed like the routine worked, for single processor and two processor. But with the higher number of processors, it seemed like working fine, however produced a message***Cannot bisect a graph with 0 vertices!*** 

Dinesh

0 Kudos