Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

mkl_sequential.1.dll was not found

justwanttousemkl
Beginner

Hello,

I have a C++ code that needs to use MKL, my platform is Visual Studio 2022.

and I download the one API and installed it, it automatically showed up in the opinion and I have chosen the sequential one, but it shows this, so where I can download this dll and put it into which folder?

justwanttousemkl_0-1688436431592.png

0 Kudos
7 Replies
ShanmukhS_Intel

Hi Mira,

Thanks for posting in Intel Communities.

Could you please try reinstalling the application?

If you have encountered this error while running your application, try reinstalling the application. Sometimes, the DLL file may not have been properly installed during the initial installation process. Hence it is advised to try reinstalling the application and let us know if the issue persists.

In addition, could you please share with us your Intel MKL version being used?

Best Regards,

Shnanmukh.SS

0 Kudos
justwanttousemkl
Beginner

Shnanmukh, I download the dll file and copy into the system file, but it is still not working.

I already tried to reinstall it, but it is still not working, from the folder, I see the version is 2023.1.0

0 Kudos
ShanmukhS_Intel

Hi Mira,

Could you please share with us the sample code or the VS project file? It helps us in running the code at our environment and assist you accordingly.

For your reference, mkl_sequential dll's would be available under the below paths depending on the architecture, ia32 folder gets created when a 32-bit version of Intel MKL is downloaded.

For 64-bit installation:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\oneAPI\mkl\2023.1.0\redist\intel64\mkl_sequential.2.dll"

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\oneAPI\mkl\2023.1.0\lib\intel64\mkl_sequential_dll.lib"

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\oneAPI\mkl\2023.1.0\lib\intel64\mkl_sequential.lib"

For 32-bit installation:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\oneAPI\mkl\2023.1.0\lib\ia32\mkl_sequential.lib"

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\oneAPI\mkl\2023.1.0\lib\ia32\mkl_sequential_dll.lib"

If you would like to download a 32-bit version of Intel MKL, please follow the below guidelines.

1. Use the below link to download 32-bit MKL for Windows.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/tools/oneapi/base-toolkit-download.html

2. Select the Operating system and Distribution.

3. Scroll down for which includes 32-bit libraries of:​

• Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives (Intel® IPP)​
  • Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library (oneMKL)

4. Click on the corresponding "Get it now" option which suits your requirement.

Attached is the screenshot for your reference.

ShanmukhS_Intel_0-1689084478029.png

Best Regards,

Shanmukh.SS

0 Kudos
justwanttousemkl
Beginner

Shanmukh, I have the 2021 version with ia 32, and I cannot download it because I am not an admin. I am building win32 release in Visual Studio. I am adding the path like this, but it still tells me that I need this dll

0 Kudos
justwanttousemkl
Beginner

And I found this dll file in the path in the picture I attached to my last reply, but the system still says it was not found

0 Kudos
ShanmukhS_Intel

Hi Miran,

Could you please get back to us with the project file? It helps us in checking the configuration properties and help you accordingly.

We will try running the sample at our end and will guide you with the necessary configuration changes to be made.

Best Regards,

Shanmukh.SS

0 Kudos
ShanmukhS_Intel

Hi Mira,

A gentle reminder:

Could you please get back to us with the project file? It helps us in checking the configuration properties and help you accordingly. We will try running the sample at our end and will guide you with the necessary configuration changes to be made.

Best Regards,

Shanmukh.SS

0 Kudos