Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

pardiso_handle_store hangs

Mahaffey__Joshua
Beginner

Hi,

I'm using pardiso for a project at work.  Everything seems to be working well except when attempting to store the handle after performing matrix factorization.  For some reason, pardiso_handle_store seems to be hanging at some point during the file write.  It writes a portion of the file, but never seems to complete.  I've left the process running for days, but the file size doesn't grow beyond a certain point, and the "last modified" timestamp indicates that it hasn't been touched in days.

We are using the ILP64 version of MKL, and we've tried both the sequential and parallel implementation of the package.

Are there any suggestions on things that we can try?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Kirill_V_Intel
Employee

Hello,

Can you provide us a code sample to look at (standalone if possible, being a reproducer would be ideal)? Definitely this is not how the functionality is supposed to work but there might be issues with how you compile/link and the code or how you call PARDISO. Also, can you specify the version of MKL which you're using?

Hope this helps!

Best,
Kirill 

0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel

two my cents before you give us the reproducer: do you the same problem when linking against LP64 mode? if not - please check if you used the DMKL_ILP64 compiler option as well.

0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel

are there any updates ( reproducer) on this topic?

0 Kudos