Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

sh install.sh --silent (problem? issue?)

Shadd_Gallegos
Beginner

I am setting up a development/testing environment that allows me to deploy the MKL at will. When I install this as my user and go through the prompts it allows me to set it up and compile without issue.

In an effort to speed my setup I have created a mkl.ini using sh install --duplicate to make an auto setup file.

PSET_LICENSE_FILE=/home/usr/MKL.lic

ACTIVATION=license_file

CONTINUE_WITH_INSTALLDIR_OVERWRITE=yes

CONTINUE_WITH_OPTIONAL_ERROR=yes

PSET_INSTALL_DIR=/opt/intel/composerxe-2011.1.107

INSTALL_MODE=RPM

ACCEPT_EULA=accept

When I use this to set up the MKL it requires me to set up as root, it sets up but then I am unable to compile via the user or sudo user

Are there any suggestions?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Ying_H_Intel
Employee
Hi Shadd,

You mentioned,unable to compile via the "user" or "sudo user"? Do it meanthe mkl have been installed to the directory /opt/intel/composerxe-2011.1.107 (which may need root) successfully?

are youcompiling some program? or just compile the example code under MKL install directory like/opt/intel/composerxe-2011.1.107/mkl/examples/?

Best Regards,
Ying
0 Kudos
Nikolay_L_Intel
Employee
Hello Shadd,

The installer can be called in silent mode, but this mode is quite limited.
If you would like to call it for specific account/user please make sure you have logged in by this account.

If you would like to install several user-specific copies of product, you also should provide separate install directory for each account to make sure that copies are segregated.
PSET_INSTALL_DIR=/user/specific/location

I have subscribed to this topic, so please contact me here if I did not answer your question or you need additional info.

Thank you,
- Nikolay
0 Kudos