Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

usin MKL_DSS_REFINEMENT_OFF DSS

array123
Beginner
hi,
i am using DSS in a c program. I am new in using DSS, i want to know what is the command using which i can setMKL_DSS_REFINEMENT_OFF
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Konstantin_A_Intel
Hi,
In order to switch-off iterative refinement in DSS, please addMKL_DSS_REFINEMENT_OFF constant to the opt parameter before calling dss_solve_rela or dss_solve_complex routine.
opt = MKL_DSS_REFINEMENT_OFF;
error = dss_solve_real( handle, opt, rhs, nRhs, solValues );
opt = MKL_DSS_DEFAULTS; // this is needed if you use opt variable later in the code for other dss calls
Best regards,
Konstantin
0 Kudos
array123
Beginner
hi,
thanks for reply.
I am getting one problem, in order to solve equation of Ax=B type i am using DSS which is running fine. But when compared with Gauss Siedel method for same thing then results does not match.
0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel
Hi , with which accuracy this result does not match?
0 Kudos
array123
Beginner
hi,
i plotted the results along a line in the given domain. I got an error of 10% when compared with results obtained from gauss siedel solver.
I also wanted to know one more thing, if in a given coefficient 'A' (of Ax=b) i want to apply Neumann boundary condition at one end Then what necessary changes should i make in my coefficient matrix.
0 Kudos
Alexander_K_Intel2
Hi,
If you have zero Neumann boundary condition then nothing change both initial matrix and rhs, if non zero Neumann boundary condition only right hand side change (This is true if you construct you matrix using FEM, FVM or some method like it, in other case we need to see initial differential equation and way of descritization to answer your question.).
With best regards,
Alexander Kalinkin
0 Kudos