Intel® oneAPI Threading Building Blocks
Ask questions and share information about adding parallelism to your applications when using this threading library.
2464 Discussions

Problem building TBB and IPP using Mingw in Windows7(Solved)

Tushar_Kachhadiya

Hello Guys,

I got an issue with Intel's IPP and TBB compilation in my station. I am trying to compile OpenCV 3.0 with Mingw4.8.1 using Cmake GUI 3.1. I have installed Intel's System Studio in my station. Also, I have set that option in Cmake WITH_IPP and WITH_TBB ON while configuring and generating source code of opencv for build but, It was not building successfully. I need your help to sort out this issue.

I used following version of IPP and TBB.

IPP : 8.2.1

TBB : 4.3 interface 8005

Following error I got while building source code.

builderror.jpg

Thank you,

Tushar Kachhadiya

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Vladimir_P_1234567890

As I understand this error indicates that tbb is not linked in the command line or different tbb version is used

I see that you use GCC 4.8 to build OpenCV. As far as I understant it is incompatible with visual studio mangling scheme for example:

CL symbol - ?is_malloc_used_v3@internal@tbb@@YA_NXZ
the same GCC symbol - _ZN3tbb8internal17is_malloc_used_v3Ev

I sugest to build everything using one compiler: either microsoft compiler/intel compiler or gcc.

--Vladimir

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Vladimir_P_1234567890

Answering in https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/topic/281469 thread.

0 Kudos
Tushar_Kachhadiya

Hi Vladimir

Great, Thank you very much for quick reply.

I have tried both option and got different errors while building OpenCV.

After trying this step (1. pls first try to build without tbb/ipp. I see that build fails somewhere in opencv internals.) I got following error.

Error2.jpg

I got following error after executing this step(2. if (1) does not help try to use Intel System Studio (create symlink for example). I have doubts that mingw's make work with spaces).

Error.jpg

Thanks

0 Kudos
Vladimir_P_1234567890

I see similar problem on OpenCV forum it is better to ask there

http://answers.opencv.org/question/40159/cannot-compile-opencv-30/

--Vladimir

0 Kudos
Tushar_Kachhadiya

Thanks Vladimir, Let's post it there and see what will they say about it.

Tushar Kachhadiya

0 Kudos
Tushar_Kachhadiya

Hi Vladimir,

As you said above, I have posted my query here http://answers.opencv.org/question/40159/cannot-compile-opencv-30/ but till now, I have not got any solution. I have tried to build opencv and TBB with Qt's mingw and got following error.

Error.jpg

If you have any solution about this error then please help me to come out from this issue.

Thank you,

Tushar Kachhadiya

0 Kudos
Vladimir_P_1234567890

As I understand this error indicates that tbb is not linked in the command line or different tbb version is used

I see that you use GCC 4.8 to build OpenCV. As far as I understant it is incompatible with visual studio mangling scheme for example:

CL symbol - ?is_malloc_used_v3@internal@tbb@@YA_NXZ
the same GCC symbol - _ZN3tbb8internal17is_malloc_used_v3Ev

I sugest to build everything using one compiler: either microsoft compiler/intel compiler or gcc.

--Vladimir

0 Kudos
Tushar_Kachhadiya

Hi Vladimir,

Thank you very much, I have tried to build TBB and Opencv with same compiler still, It was throwing same error. I think this issue come because I don't have Mingw supported libraries in TBB directory. So, I think we need a TBB source code which has Mingw supported libs directory? Does Intel provide MinGW supported libs with Intel's System Studio?

Thanks,

Tushar Kachhadiya

0 Kudos
Vladimir_P_1234567890

Hello,

As far as I undestand Intel System Studo does not support MinGW, but it is better to check release notes

In Intel TBB MinGW build from sources is availalbe in open source version.

--Vladimir

0 Kudos
Tushar_Kachhadiya

Hi Vladimir,

Thank you very much, We will check release notes and let you know the result.

Thanks

Tushar Kachhadiya

0 Kudos