Intel® oneAPI Threading Building Blocks
Ask questions and share information about adding parallelism to your applications when using this threading library.
Announcements
This community is designed for sharing of public information. Please do not share Intel or third-party confidential information here.

Question about TBB building

leileicats
Beginner
Hi, everyone. I download the tbb20_014oss_src.tar.gz, follow the index.html and execute "make" at the top-level files.

After execution, it create the sub-directories in the directory "build": linux_ia32_gcc_cc4.1.2_libc2.5_kernel2.6.20_release.

But when I compile:
$ g++ -o test test.cpp -ltbb
It doesn't work and couldn't find the tbb libraries. Even when I change it:
$ g++ -o test test.cpp -L/.../linux_ia32_gcc_cc4.1.2_libc2.5_kernel2.6.20_release -ltbb
It still couldn't find the tbb libraries.

Could anyone give me a hint about the error? Thanks
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Vladimir_P_Intel2
leileicats:
After execution, it create the sub-directories in the directory "build": linux_ia32_gcc_cc4.1.2_libc2.5_kernel2.6.20_release.

hi!

linux_ia32_gcc_cc4.1.2_libc2.5_kernel2.6.20_release folder should contain tbbvars.sh script which you need to source in order to set an environment to built libraries.

leileicats:
It doesn't work and couldn't find the tbb libraries. Even when I change it:

$ g++ -o test test.cpp -L/.../linux_ia32_gcc_cc4.1.2_libc2.5_kernel2.6.20_release -ltbb

As I can guess you were trying to build from linux_ia32_gcc_cc4.1.2_libc2.5_kernel2.6.20_release folder then you need to set LIB variable via '-L./../linux_ia32_gcc_cc4.1.2_libc2.5_kernel2.6.20_release'. I guess there is a typo in dots and slashes in the command line.

I've just checked that 'g++ test.cpp -L. -ltbb' command works in linux_ia32_gcc_cc4.1.2_libc2.5_kernel2.6.20_release folder.

leileicats
Beginner
Thank you very much for your information. It works right now.