...on our open source site.
Changes (w.r.t. TBB 3.0 commercial-aligned release):
- Decreased memory fragmentation by
allocations bigger than 8K.
- Lazily allocate worker threads, to avoid creating unnecessary stacks.
- TBB allocator used much more memory than
malloc (1703) - see above.
- Deadlocks happened in some specific initialization scenarios
of the TBB allocator (1701, 1704).
- Regression in enumerable_thread_specific: excessive requirements
for object constructors.
- A bug in construction of parallel_pipeline filters when body instance
was a temporary object.
- Incorrect usage of memory fences on PowerPC and XBOX360 platforms.
- A subtle issue in task group context binding that could result
in cancelation signal being missed by nested task groups.
- Incorrect construction of concurrent_unordered_map if specified
number of buckets is not power of two.
- Broken count() and equal_range() of concurrent_unordered_map.
- Return type of postfix form of operator++ for hash map's iterators.
Open-source contributions integrated:
- The fix to build examples on system there VS 2010 only is installed.