cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qi1
Beginner

TBB30 on Visual Studio 2008

Jump to solution

I downloaded tbb30_20100310oss_win.zip, a stable open source release of TBB30. Then I followed the instruction fromhttp://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/showthread.php?t=69945to set the environment, just using the corresponding path of TBB30. However, I still got the error as following:

error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Copying DLLs and PDBs"

I tried tbb22_20090809oss_win.zip. It worked well and the only thing I needed to do is setting the TBB22_INSTALL_DIR.

I'm really confused. I noticed that the structure of TBB30 pakage is different fromTBB22. Is it the reason?

BTW, I also tried TBB30 in Ubuntu, there was also something wrong...

Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Great! we found that some of the examples still containold post build step (Build events -> post-build event). You can either change it orinclude the DLL libraries to the %PATH% and remove the post-build event.
Examples affected:
parallel_reduce/convex_hull
parallel_while/parallel_preorder
parallel_for/polygon_overlay
pipeline/square
GettingStarted/sub_string_finder
task/tree_sum

Fixedprojects will be available soon in the one of coming releases.

thanks for fast response,
--Vladimir

View solution in original post

6 Replies
hello qi,

1. Have youset TBB30_INSTALL_DIRvariable instead of TBB22_INSTALL_DIR? Which particular example failed?
2. Since folder structure was changed you need to use project files for examples from tbb30_20100310oss* files.

And what's wrong with Ubuntu? We support it officialy and we would like to solve the issue asap if it is in the tbb.

thanks,
Vladimir
Alexey_K_Intel3
Employee
Thanks for reporting the issue. However, check if this is really a blocking one for you; it might happen that the error is in copying optional libraries or PDB files. So try running the example and see if it works (provided of course that you set TBB30_INSTALL_DIR as Vladimir suggested).
qi1
Beginner
Hello Vladimir,

Thank you for your quick reply! Thank Alexey for the suggestions.

Let medescribe the details.

First, I'm sure that I set TBB30_INSTALL_DIR in the system variables and used the examples from tbb30_20100310oss_win.zip package.

I noticed following settings of the examples

1. In general settings of C/C++ for the project
the Additional Include Directories is $(TBB30_INSTALL_DIR)\include

2. In general settings of linker for the project
the Additional Library Directories are $(TBB30_INSTALL_DIR)\lib\ia32\vc8 and $(TBB30_INSTALL_DIR)\lib\ia32\vc_mt

3. In input settings of linker for the project
the Additional Dependenciesis tbb_debug.lib

I followed these defaut settings andgot the error
error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Copying DLLs and PDBs"

I changed the "$(TBB30_INSTALL_DIR)\lib\ia32\vc8" to "$(TBB30_INSTALL_DIR)\lib\ia32\vc9", the error kept the same.

Ichanged the directories to the absolute pathes, the error also kept the same.

Then I added the INCLUDEand LIB variables into system environment.Unfortunately, the error still kept the same.

At this time, I really didn't know what I should do.

BTW, the TBB22 was used after all the above things had been done and when used TBB22 I only set the TBB22_INSTALL_DIR and just followed the default settings of the examples from tbb22_20090809oss_win.zip package.

Thanks!
Qi
qi1
Beginner
I just tried TBB30 under CSH in ubuntu. Under CSH the test passed. Maybe there's something wrong with my BASH and I'll check it out.

Sorry for annoying you.

Great! we found that some of the examples still containold post build step (Build events -> post-build event). You can either change it orinclude the DLL libraries to the %PATH% and remove the post-build event.
Examples affected:
parallel_reduce/convex_hull
parallel_while/parallel_preorder
parallel_for/polygon_overlay
pipeline/square
GettingStarted/sub_string_finder
task/tree_sum

Fixedprojects will be available soon in the one of coming releases.

thanks for fast response,
--Vladimir

View solution in original post

qi1
Beginner
Vladimir,

I followed your instructions to change the post-build event and the problem was solved.

Thank you very much!
Qi