Intel® oneAPI Threading Building Blocks
Ask questions and share information about adding parallelism to your applications when using this threading library.

TTB on MacOS - first try

Simeon
Beginner

Hi guys,

I've downloaded tbb22 and untar it. I've also exported LIBRARY_PATH to properly refer precompiled dynamic libraries under /ia32/cc4.0.1_os10.4.9/lib.

I could successfully build the example /parallel_for/game_of_live.NET. When I execute it I get the output:

./game_of_life 2:4 -t 5

dyld: Library not loaded: libtbb.dylib

Referenced from: /Users/simeonmitev/projects/tbb22_20090809oss/examples/parallel_for/game_of_life.NET/./game_of_life

Reason: image not found

make: *** [test] Trace/BPT trap

What could be the reason for that?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Simeon
Beginner
Quoting - Simeon

Hi guys,

I've downloaded tbb22 and untar it. I've also exported LIBRARY_PATH to properly refer precompiled dynamic libraries under /ia32/cc4.0.1_os10.4.9/lib.

I could successfully build the example /parallel_for/game_of_live.NET. When I execute it I get the output:

./parallel_preorder

dyld: Library not loaded: libtbb.dylib

Referenced from: /Users/simeonmitev/projects/tbb22_20090809oss/examples/parallel_do/parallel_preorder/./parallel_preorder

Reason: image not found

make: *** [test] Trace/BPT trap

What could be the reason for that?

I've found the problem. The dynamic library file was not viewable by the binary application. Now it works:

0.366709 seconds using 1 threads (average of 202.92 nodes in root_set)
0.195334 seconds using 2 threads (average of 202.92 nodes in root_set)
0.199316 seconds using 3 threads (average of 202.92 nodes in root_set)
0.200013 seconds using 4 threads (average of 202.92 nodes in root_set)

0 Kudos
Alexey-Kukanov
Employee
Quoting - Simeon
I've found the problem. The dynamic library file was not viewable by the binary application. Now it works:

For sake of further readers, could you specify what exactly you did to solve the problem? Was it setting DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH, or "sourcing" an appropriate tbbvars commandfile?
0 Kudos