Intel® oneAPI Threading Building Blocks
Ask questions and share information about adding parallelism to your applications when using this threading library.
2465 Discussions

class-memaccess warning when compiling with gcc-10.2

watch_the_crab
Beginner

Hi, got following warning when compiling with GCC-10.2. TBB 2020.2

Any ideas? Thanks!

/opt/intel/tbb/include/tbb/concurrent_hash_map.h: In constructor ‘tbb::interface5::internal::hash_map_base::hash_map_base()’:
/opt/intel/tbb/include/tbb/concurrent_hash_map.h:131:76: error: ‘void* memset(void*, int, size_t)’ clearing an object of type ‘struct tbb::interface5::internal::hash_map_base::bucket’ with no trivial copy-assignment; use value-initialization instead [-Werror=class-memaccess]
  131 |             std::memset(my_embedded_segment, 0, sizeof(my_embedded_segment));
      |                                                                            ^
/opt/intel/tbb/include/tbb/concurrent_hash_map.h:93:16: note: ‘struct tbb::interface5::internal::hash_map_base::bucket’ declared here
   93 |         struct bucket : tbb::internal::no_copy {
      |                ^~~~~~

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Pavel_K_Intel1
Employee

Hello, thanks for the report. This error will be fixed in future updates.

0 Kudos
GouthamK_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Can you install the latest version of Intel OneAPI i.e 2021.2 and check whether your issue persists? If yes, Could you please provide a sample reproducer code?

Thanks & Regards,

Goutham

0 Kudos
GouthamK_Intel

Hi,

Reminder: Could you please install the latest version of Intel OneAPI i.e 2021.2 and check whether your issue persists? If yes, Could you please provide a sample reproducer code?

Thanks & Regards,

Goutham

0 Kudos
GouthamK_Intel

Hi,

As we have not heard back from you, we are considering that your issue has been resolved and we have answered all your queries. So we will no longer respond to this thread. If you require additional assistance from Intel, please start a new thread. Any further interaction in this thread will be considered community only 

Have a Good day!

Thanks & Regards

Goutham

0 Kudos