Intel® oneAPI Threading Building Blocks
Ask questions and share information about adding parallelism to your applications when using this threading library.
2465 Discussions

perf between tbb::concurrent_unordered_map and std::unordered_map

nash635
Beginner

Hi experts,

I did a little update to the official perf tool in https://github.com/intel/tbb/blob/tbb_2020/src/perf/time_hash_map.cpp, (my updated code is attached.)

and aim to compare the perf between tbb::concurrent_unordered_map and std::unordered_map. 

the result i got is a little weird to me, it shows the ave latency for single find/update operation drops a lot after the table size grow larger than a certain value, (it's around 2000000 in my side)

So is this result expected? anyone know why the perf drops worse than std::unordered_map when table size grow larger?

i tried to pre-allocate the capacity of hash table, but the result are still the same.

axial x means element count in table,  axial y means latency in nano sec.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ShivaniK_Intel

Hi,

Apologies for the delay in response. Are you facing the same issues with the latest version? If yes, please let us know.

Thanks & Regards

Shivani

0 Kudos
ShivaniK_Intel

Hi,

As we have not heard back from you, we are considering that your issue has been resolved. So we will no longer respond to this thread. If you require additional assistance from Intel, please start a new thread. Any further interaction in this thread will be considered community only.

Have a Good day!

Thanks & Regards

Shivani

0 Kudos