Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2834 Discussions

AMT KVM and SOAL problem

csayi
Beginner

Hello

In AMT 9.0.3, - with Q86 chipset and 4770S CPU - , I encounter with that errors.

In VNC viewer plus, whenever i try to connect with amtKVM, it request password and gives that error

"KVM tunnel disconnected"

In Manageability Terminal, it prompt me

"Serial Over LAN"

"Unable to connect to serial over lan port (IMR_RES_ERROR). Check that the redirection port is enabled and serial over lan feature is turned on"

I tried many thing like manual and wizard configuration, client and admin mode.

I attached my SCS Discovery XML.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Alan_A_Intel
Employee

caglar,

I have a couple of questions about your setup.

1. What management console are you using to connect to your vPro computer?

2. Can you describe your infrastructure (what's in between your management console and your vPro computer)?

csayi
Beginner

Thank you for your response.

I progressed a bit more. I could connect KVM from remote host in my local network, but not with local host.

As management tool I used VCN real plus and Manageability Commander Tool.

In Local host cases I encounter with the errors above.

In Remote host cases, I could connect with VCN plus but not with Manageability Commander Tool, so i could not still gain SOL access.

0 Kudos
Alan_A_Intel
Employee

Connecting to AMT locally allows you to gather information, and change certain settings. However, like KVM most vPro functionality requires a remote connection. You can not KVM into your own local computer.

There seems to be a bug with the latest version of the Manageability Commander Tool. Try adding your vPro computer again, but this time use the built in admin digest account. Changing to the digest account should allow you to establish a SOL connection. Another option is to use the Intel vPro Platform Solution Manager. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=22183 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=22183

0 Kudos
csayi
Beginner
0 Kudos