Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2827 Discussions

AMT wireless profile for connecting to hidden network

AMTandIME
Beginner

Hello - we've been successfully configuring AMT with admin profiles for WIFI but I now need to support a wifi network that is hidden.  The parameters i'm able to set in the profile don't allow me to specify if the network is hidden or not.  I need to get another test environment setup so i can play around with this, but i wanted to see if i was missing something with regards to the parameters i can set.  Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JoseH_Intel

Hello AMTandIME,

Thank you for joining the Intel community

It is supposed to not be necessary to specify whether if the WLAN network is hidden or not as long as the settings a configured properly. In the SSID field, enter the Service Set Identifier (up to 32 characters) that identifies the specific WiFi network. If left empty, the device will try to connect to all WiFi networks that use Data Encryption as defined in this WiFi Setup. For more details you can check the Intel Setup an Configuration Guide here: https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/software/Intel_SCS_User_Guide.pdf#page=120

Give this a try and let me know

Jose A.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
AMTandIME
Beginner

Thank you!  That is great news as i was worried this wasn't going to work.  I still need to setup some tests and if i run into any issues i will post back.  I appreciate your response!

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello AMTandIME,

Thanks for replying back. We will proceed to mark this thread as resolved for now. If you have further issues or questions just go ahead and submit a new topic.

Regards

Jose A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos