Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2910 Discussions

About network and system requirements

SKubo
New Contributor I

Dear IntelEMA Support Team,

If you know the following specific numbers when building an IntelEMA server, would it be possible for you to provide them?
Also, if you have any reference materials, we would appreciate it if you could provide them.

1.Please let me know the communication load of each vPROPC EMA agent managed by the EMA server or any reference figures.

2.Please tell me the numerical values that can be used as a reference for the specific CPU/memory load placed on the server by each vPROPC EMA agent managed by the EMA server.

If you have any URL other than the one below, please let me know.
 *"1.7 Scaling Considerations"
https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/software/manageability-products/intel-ema-server-installation-and-maintenance-guide.pdf

Best regards,

0 Kudos
5 Replies
vij1
Employee

Hello SKubo,

Greetings!

Please allow us 2 to 3 business days to gather the requested information.

Regards,  

Vijay N.

0 Kudos
vij1
Employee

Hello SKubo,

Thank you for your patience.

The amount of CPU and memory required per connection varies depending on the system hardware.

The EMA agent use a nominal amount of resources on the client side and on the server side it counts for 1 connection. AMT OOB counts for the other connection. Each vPro endpoint has two connections if you are using both in-band and out-of-band connections. The rest can be modeled with the math provided in section 1.7. The rule of thumb is 20K connections per single swarm server component.

Note: Please refer to the note in section 1.7 and above.

Please find the link to download the Intel® Endpoint Management Assistant (Intel® EMA) Server Installation Guide attached below: 

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000055629/software/manageability-products.html

Regards,

Vijay N.

0 Kudos
vij1
Employee

Hello SKubo,

I hope this message finds you well. I am just sending a follow up if you have any questions from the previous post. If so, please let us know.

Regards,

Vijay N.

0 Kudos
SKubo
New Contributor I

Dear IntelEMA Support Team,

I apologize for the late reply.
I understand your reply.
Thank you for your help.
I will contact you again if I have any additional questions.

Best regards,

0 Kudos
vij1
Employee

Hello Skubo,

Greetings!

Thank you for your response. If you have any further questions, please feel free to reach out.

Thank you for contacting Intel.

Regards,

Vijay N.

0 Kudos