Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2827 Discussions

Can someone give a few pointers on using ACUConfig?

WDitt
Beginner

Trying to setup a System discovery package that will populate the RCS with discovery data... but keep getting " Failed to save the discovery data in the RCS database. The parameter UUID is incorrect or missing."

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Emeth_O_Intel
Hello, Thank you so much for contacting us about this concern. By any chance have you tried to save the xml file on the client and then export the file to the RCS Host ? Best regards, Emeth O. Intel Customer Support. Under contract to Intel.
0 Kudos
WDitt
Beginner

XML file I have... Not sure how to export to RCS

0 Kudos
Emeth_O_Intel
Hello, I will provide you the following User Guide of SCS in order to provide you some details about this implementation that you are trying to accomplish. Please let us know if you have any other question and we will be more than happy to assist you: Please check the section: *1.2 What are the Discovery Options* https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/software/Intel_SCS_User_Guide.pdf Best Regards, Emeth O. Intel Customer Support Technician. Under Contract to Intel Corporation.
0 Kudos
WDitt
Beginner

Thanks..... So the RCS Database is only populated, or rather 'updated' from running the ACUConfig.exe when a system is already present because it was provisioned earlier? Where as using the SCSDiscovery.exe the data is saved locally... but I still need to get this into RCS? How do I get the XML file that is output from a SystemDiscovery command imported into RCS?

0 Kudos
Emeth_O_Intel
Hello, Please let me double check this information with an upper level department in order to provide you the most accurate solution. As soon as possible, I will get back to you. Best regards, Emeth O. Intel Customer Support Technician. Under Contract to Intel Corporation.
0 Kudos
JRodr9
Beginner

So after 2 months there will be no answer?

0 Kudos
KenF_Intel

Hi JRodr9,

I apologize for the delay. I thought this had been escalated back in March. I've just been in contact with my escalation engineer. He will contact you via email or through this forum to get your questions answered.

Regards,

Ken

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
MichaelA_Intel
This case has been escalated to me. I'd like to know whether or not you've provisioned systems already for AMT. If you have not provisioned any AMT systems with RCS, the system discovery batch file that's used when you integrate RCS includes a /reporttorcs switch, but if AMT isn't configured and the RCS doesn't already know about the computer, then it will give you this error and you can ignore them if you are just discovering AMT and there aren't any systems configured against this RCS server. Regards, Michael
0 Kudos