Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2834 Discussions

Cannot connect to a device from SCCM 1810 through Intel manageability commander 2.0

APand23
Beginner

Hello,

I am testing Intel Manageability commander 2.0 on our lab environment. I have downloaded the latest version of IMC which is 2.0.345 and installed it on SCCM 1810 primary site server. After the successful installation, able to see the IMC addon in SCCM console. Now I am unable to connect the devices from SCCM console through IMC Digest aunthentication mode with/without TSL. UserName: Domain\User

Error msg says "imcException - timeout error"

I need help from Intel to support on this issue. Also I would like to know is there any additional add-on or any AMT configurations are required.

Thanks,

Arun

0 Kudos
14 Replies
Carlos_V_Intel1
Employee
Hello Arun, Thank you for contacting Intel. Can you try using Mesh Commander just for testing purposes? Regards, Charlie V. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Carlos_V_Intel1
Employee
Hello Arun, This is a follow-up post. We are wondering if you were able to do the test? Regards, Charlie V. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
APand23
Beginner

Hi Charlie,

Sorry for the delay and Thanks for following up!

Still getting same "Timeout error" when connecting through mesh commander.

Actually I couldn't able to find proper document for Intel manageability commander.

It would be much appreciated if you are helping me to understand from the scratch.

1. Device preparation - Prerequisites for Identified device and what needs to configure on it
  2. SCCM integration - Addition to IMC 2.0.345 installer, what are all other Intel extension needs to be install on SCCM primary server

Thanks,

Arun

0 Kudos
Emeth_O_Intel

Hi Arun,

Thank you so much for the information.

I would like to ask you some details in order to gather more information on this configuration.

1. Did this work before installing the manageability add-on?

2. What happens when they use just manageability commander outside of SCCM?

3. Are they using kerberos authentication or local admin token?

4. Are they using TLS or non-TLS?

As soon as we will have the information we will proceed with the next step.

Regards,

Emeth O.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
APand23
Beginner

Hi Emeth,

Please find the answers for the above queries,

1. It didn't work before installing add-on
  2. Same "Timeout error"
  3. Not Kerberos authentication but using windows auth
  4. Yes, both TLS 1.0 and 2.0 enabled

Thanks,

Arun

0 Kudos
Emeth_O_Intel
Hi Arun, Thank you so much for the information provided. Let us take a look into this scenario and proceed with the next step. Regards, Emeth O. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Emeth_O_Intel
Hi Arun, Could you please so kind and let me know if the AMT is activated on the endpoint? or if it’s vPro capable? Also, please share with us the RCS Log in order to verify the configuration of the system. On the other hand, I would like to know more information of your system please share the SSU (Intel® System Support Utility) as well. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- I will be waiting the information in order to proceed with the next step. Regards, Emeth O. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
APand23
Beginner

Hi Emeth,

Please find the response for above queries,

1. Yes, its enabled
  2. Why it is required and How to find RCS log?
  3. PFA

Thanks,

Arun

0 Kudos
Emeth_O_Intel
Hi Arun, Please check the following guide of AMT; on the section 3.9.1 you will see more information about the RCS Log and how to find it. https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/software/Intel_SCS_User_Guide.pdf Regards, Emeth O. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
APand23
Beginner

Hi Emeth,

Thanks for the info, PFA for RCS log.

Thanks,

Arun

0 Kudos
Emeth_O_Intel
Hi Arun, Thank you so much for provide to me the information. We are going to take a look into this log and make sure some details in order to proceed with the next step, as soon as possible we will get back to you. Regards, Emeth O. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Emeth_O_Intel
Hi Arun, We were checking the logs and we found that the log shows a corrupted file for the digest account. We would like to contact you in order to perform a meeting setion and figure out the root cause of the issue. I will send you a private message in order to proceed with the next step. Regards, Emeth O. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Emeth_O_Intel

Hi Arun,

I am following up your thread in order to verify if there is anything else we can help you with?

If so, please do not hesitate and let me know and I will be more than happy to assist you.

Regards,

Emeth O.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
Emeth_O_Intel
Hi Arun, Due to the fact that we have not seen any activity on this case. I am going to proceed and close it. If you have any other question; please do not hesitate and contact us back and we will be more than happy to assist you. Regards, Emeth O. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos