Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2827 Discussions

Cannot connect to a device using Intel Manageability Commander

AKahl2
Novice

Hello,

I am in middle of testing Intel SCS functionality in SCCM 1702 CB. When ever i try to connect to a device using Intel Manageability command , it gives me this error.

Following are installed on the computer which i am trying to connect to:

My question is that since Remote configuration failed, do I have to have it installed in order to remotely connect to a computer using Intel manageability commander?

Secondly, I tried to google about that error, but no luck, can anyone drag me in right direction that what might be this error about?

Thirdly, I checked the logs for the remote Configuration Failure, i found the following:

Below attached are the screenshots from the log file regarding the failure of Remote Configuration.

Thank you very much,

Aman

0 Kudos
13 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello amankahlon888,

According to the information provided you are having problems with a Remote connection using Intel Manageability command, with the SCCM 1702 CB.

I see that you have another threat open:

/thread/127065 https://communities.intel.com/thread/127065

It shows problems with IntelSCS_SCCm_Addon_2.1.8.10 not been compatible.

And is been recommended to verify with Microsoft related the SCCM.

If there is anything else we can help please feel free to ask.

Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos
AKahl2
Novice

Hello, Can you elaborate on why do I get that error on Intel Manageability Commander?

Thanks,

Aman

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello amankahlon888,

According to the information provided you are having problems with a Remote connection using Intel Manageability command, with the SCCM 1702 CB.

It shows problems with IntelSCS_SCCm_Addon_2.1.8.10 not been compatible.

And is been recommended to verify with Microsoft related the SCCM.

I will recommend continuing working on the first threat open.

I will like to request your permission to close this threat and continue working with the first threat.

Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello amankahlon888,

I will like to follow up on your open threat.

Mentioned before you have another open threat

I will recommend continuing working on the first threat open.

I will like to request your permission to close this threat and continue working with the first threat.

Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos
AKahl2
Novice

Hello,

When I launch Intel manageability commander and add a device and try to connect to it. It always times out not sure why it does that. Can I somehow find out that why it does it?

Thanks, Aman

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello amankahlon888,

I am sorry, for the delays, we had small problems with the Threat follow-ups.

For your request, if the Intel manageability commander needs to be installed on the systems, yes it has to be installed.

Also, you might want to double check this information:

1. According to the Intel(R)_SCS_Addon_SCCM configuration guide Prerequisites section 3.1, found on the Intel® SCS Add-on for Microsoft* System Center Configuration Manager download package, this add-on is supported by the Microsoft SCCM 2012 R2 (Verified with build 5.0.8239.1203)

2. Recommend to use a compatible version of the SCCM.

I hope this information helps.

Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello amankahlon888,

I will like to follow up on your threat and verify if the there is anything I can be of help.

If the use of another SCCM version helped.

Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos
AKahl2
Novice

Hello Henry,

We have recently updated from SCCM 2012 to SCCM 1702 version. I am not sure if the SCCM versions greater than 1702 will be compatible with this version of Intel Manageability Commander but I am sure that SCCM 2012 is compatible with it but we cant go back to lower version than what we are using now for SCCM.

Thanks,

Aman

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello amankahlon888,

I really understand your concern, I am going to check with Engineering for any possible workaround.

Also, I will recommend either to download the latest version or try an older version.

Please allow some time for verification.

Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos
AKahl2
Novice

Hello Henry,

That will be great if we had a work around for this version of SCCM. Just for information the version of SCCM which we are using is 1702 and the latest version available is 1802.

I will wait for the reply regarding this issue and then do upgrade.

Thank you.

Aman

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi amankahlon888,

I've confirmed that Intel® Manageability Commander works with SCCM 1702 and 1802.

I've escalated the error message you are receiving to engineering. I'll get back to you as soon as I hear back from them.
0 Kudos
KenF_Intel

Hi Amankahlon888,

I want to address both issues you are having:

- failure of the AMT configuration task

- error message received why you try to connect to a system via the Intel® Manageability Commander add-on for SCCM.

The configuration task error "failed to authenticate with RCS. Access Denied" is almost always a problem with WMI permissions.

Assuming that you took the defaults when creating the configuration task sequence, you will need to give Domain Computers access to DCOM and to the RCS namespace on the RCS server.

Give Domain Computers access to the RCS namespace:

- Run WMIMgmt.msc

- Right click WMI Control and choose Properties

- Select the Security tab

- Click the '+' next to Root

- Click on Intel_RCS and click the Security button

- Click Add and add Domain Computers

- Click on Domain Computers and make sure they have Execute Methods, Full Write and Remote Enable permissions

- click Apply

Give Domain Computers access to DCOM

- Run DCOMCNFG.exe

- Under Component Services, right click on My Computer and click Properties

- Click on the Com Security tab and click "Edit Limits" under "Launch and Activation Permissions"

- On the Security Limits screen, add Domain Computers and give them Remote Launch and Remote Activation permissions

After performing these steps, retry the configuration task and let us know if it works.

The failure on Intel® Manageability Commander (IMC) is more of a mystery. Please check your registry for the key \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Intel\Intel Manageability Commander. If it's not there, please try uninstalling/reinstalling Manageability Commander.

Please let us know if this resolves the IMC issue.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Aman,

Just checking to see how this is going. Were you able to resolve the configuration and Manageability Commander issues?
0 Kudos