I purchased a DG45SG and have been unable to get the board to post. Below is my configuration:
1) intel DP45SG board with intel quad core 2.5
2) Patriot DD3 memory - 2 sticks of 2gig (4 GIG total) PC3-10666 1333MHZ
3) 400 watt PS
4) Gigabye ATI HD4550 video card
I see on this board that there are numerous problems with this board and memory. I have not updated the bios due to not sure on the exact procedure for performing the update since the computer will not even post.
Below is the testing I performed so far without any luck:
1) Removed all memory and disconnected all but cpu and video card.
Recieved 3 beeps and no video
2) Inserted one stick of RAM with above configuration.
Received no beeps , but no video
3) Reset configuration jumper and restarted.
Same results as # 2
I have many systems over the years and lately using Intel boards almost execlusively without problems, but this one has me stumped. Any help would be appreciatred.