Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2827 Discussions

Find out which computers are vPro or not, remotely.

Edus
Beginner

Hello,

Is there a simple way to know which systems are vPro or not within a fleet of computers?

Through Sccm (not scs addon) or with powershell scripts or whatever?

I have seen some posts on the internet, but for whatever reason they have been deleted, or they are very old, year 2008.

We need to deploy the agent and want to give priority to vPro computers. The fleet is about 40k computers, so it has to be in a remote and automated way.

Best regards

0 Kudos
5 Replies
MichaelA_Intel

Hi Edus,

You can download the latest API Sample scripts here:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19693

Under \Intel_EMA_API_Sample_Scripts_1.5\PowerShell\Snippets you can run CSME-DiscoverySmbios.ps1. IF you have access to the WMI Namespace, you can run CSME-DiscoverySmbiosAdvanced.PS1

If you do $discoveryData you will see more information that can be parsed and exported.

Regards,

Michael

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel

Hello Edus,

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Please let me know if you still need further assistance.

Regards,

Victor G.

Intel Technical Support Technician

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel

Hello Edus,

We have not heard back from you.

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Regards,

Victor G.

Intel Technical Support Technician

0 Kudos
Edus
Beginner

Hello Victor,

Thank you for your reply, I'm sorry I didn't reply sooner.

Indeed, the script shows us the AMT capacity of the system where we execute the script.

We are trying to launch the script from Workspace ONE but so far we have not been able to capture the output remotely.

Any idea how to do it?

Thanks and best regards

0 Kudos
Edus
Beginner

Hello,

On the other hand, I would need to know if the scripts that you have provided us give us information on all the necessary components to comply with the vPro specification. Or just processor...

Some fleet systems have a vpro processor but no compatible chipset or network card. In this case, would the Script tell us that it is vPro or not?

Thanks and regards.

0 Kudos