Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2827 Discussions

GetPowerAMTState fail with result:0x800703E3 error en OOBConsole.log

idata
Employee

Hi vPro experts!! I'm deploying a vPro lab with SCCM SP1 and a Dell Optiplex 755 client, with 3.2.1 MEBx version, the client is provisioned without SCCM agent, but when y try to power on/off/restart or try to open Out of Band Management Console I receive this error in OOBConsole.log (when try to open the console) and in the amtopmgr.log file shows those errors:

ERROR: Invoke(get) failed: 80020009argNum = 0

Description: The I/O to get CIM_AssociatedPowerManagementService instance.

AMT Operation Worker: AMT machine client.vprolab.com can't be waken up. Error code: 0x800703E3

I checked the requisites, security in OU, certificates and there is no way to solve it.

Somebody knows what could be wrong, please?

Thanks in advance!!!

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Matthew_R_Intel
Employee

Are you able to invoke Collection based power control feature (right click on the client -> OOB Management -> Power Control)? Does the OOB Console open up and state as "connected"?

-Matt Royer

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I can't control the power state of the client :'( when I try it in the amtopmgr.log file appears the next error:

session params : https://vprodesk.vprolab.com:16993 , 11001

ERROR: Invoke(get) failed: 80020009argNum = 0

Description: The I/O operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an application request.

Error: Failed to get CIM_AssociatedPowerManagementService instance.

AMT Operation Worker: AMT machine vprodesk.vprolab.com can't be waken up. Error code: 0x800703E3

And in OOBConsole.log when I try to open OOB Management Console:

+6 [23/06/2008 13:29:42] :GetAMTPowerState fail with result:0x800703E3+

The OOB console try to connect but appears as disconnected.

0 Kudos
Matthew_R_Intel
Employee

What is the Make, Model, and AMT firmware version of the vPro Client you are trying manage?

--Matt Royer

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

The vPro client is one Dell Optiplex 755, BIOS version A10, MEBx 3.2.1, in some posts I readed that this model sometimes has defective motherboard.

0 Kudos
Matthew_R_Intel
Employee

So when you checked the certificate that was issued from your Enterprise CA to the vPro Client, was the certificate issued to the FQDN of the vPro Client? I have seen in the past that if the SCCM Site Server is not granted proper permission on the enterprise CA, it will issue the certificate with the FQDN of SCCM Site server instead of the FQDN of the vPro Client (which adversely does not allow for the secure connection to occur when performing OOB operation).

--Matt Royer

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Good news!! It works!! the problem was in the CA configuration, I'm assingning in SCCM the "ConfigMgr AMT Provisioning" template to the AMT clients (wrong), I changed the configuration and assigned "ConfigMgr AMT Web Certificate" template in SCCM and it works.

Thanks a lot miroger!!!

0 Kudos
Matthew_R_Intel
Employee

I am glad that resolved your issue!!! Happy to help.

--Matt Royer

0 Kudos