Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2834 Discussions

Hardware requirements to run Intel SCS Console and RCSConsole on Windows Server 2016

JKey
Beginner

I've been trying to track down any information on the hardware requirements suggested to run the VPro suite (console, RCS, etc) on a Windows Server 2016 Standard system. This is a virtual server.

So far all I've been able to find is that it does support the OS level. Nothing more. Should I just go by the hardware requirements for the OS itself or does Intel have any suggested requirements of their own?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
JoseH_Intel

Hello aJKey,

Thank you for joining the community

There are no specific hardware requirements other than the OS requirements itself needed to run the RCS server software. The RCS server service just needs to run on Windows and interacts with other AMT devices through the network. AMT devices though does need to be vPro hardware compliant in order to be provisionable and remote accessible. If you will be running the RCS server and console from a virtual machine just make sure the network connectivity is bridged with the physical NICs.

Hope it helps

Jose A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JoseH_Intel

Hello aJKey,

Thank you for joining the community

There are no specific hardware requirements other than the OS requirements itself needed to run the RCS server software. The RCS server service just needs to run on Windows and interacts with other AMT devices through the network. AMT devices though does need to be vPro hardware compliant in order to be provisionable and remote accessible. If you will be running the RCS server and console from a virtual machine just make sure the network connectivity is bridged with the physical NICs.

Hope it helps

Jose A.

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello aJKey,

Do you have any further details, updates, questions or comments in regards to this issue?

This thread will be marked as resolved automatically in the next 72 hours if no activity is received.

Regards

Jose A.

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello aJKey,

We will proceed to mark this thread as resolved. If you have further issues or questions just go ahead and create a new topic.

Regards

Jose A.

0 Kudos
JKey
Beginner

Hello Jose,

I apologize, I've been trying to get logged into the forum for a couple of days with no success.

Yes, your answer was exactly what I needed and we're building out the server accordingly. Thank you for your help with this.

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello aJKey,

Glad to hear that. Will mark this thread as resolved now.

Regards

Jose A.

0 Kudos