Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2834 Discussions

How can I abort/delete a job that's been stuck on "Aborting" for almost a week?

JKey
Beginner

I'm running Intel SCS 11.0.0 on Windows Server 2012 R2. The database is MS SQL run on an enterprise database.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
JoseH_Intel

Hello JKey,

Thank you for joining the community

Could you tell where is this job running, is this a script running in the OS and/or SCCM, or within the MS SQL? Have you rebooted the server already (if possible)?

Will look forward for your updates.

Jose A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
JKey
Beginner

Hello Jose,

This is a job running out of the Intel SCS Console. It's a maintenance task that runs every 7 days to 13,800 endpoints.

I have tried to reboot the server as well as stopping/starting the RCS service, but the job doesn't change status after either action.

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello JKey,

We will keep this thread open so we can post a solution ones we find it. It will remain inactive in the meantime.

Jose A.

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello JKey,

You need to open up the SQL database for SCS

First make a backup of the SCS database on the SQL server.

2. Run a query:

Select * from IntelSCS.dbo.job

Find the job #’s that are hanging. For each job hanging, as in this example, job id 4:

DELETE FROM IntelSCS.dbo.job_item WHERE job_id=4

DELETE FROM IntelSCS.dbo.job WHERE job_id=4

Unfortunately, this is a known behavior with SCS where if a job hangs on a system or multiple systems, it will continue to try and get stuck. The only way we’ve found to address this issue is to kill the job from the SQL server."

Hope it helps

Jose A.

0 Kudos
JKey
Beginner

Hello Jose,

We were able to resolve this by doing something similar. Instead of deleting the job items and job itself, we changed the status of all the endpoints sitting in waiting status to aborted status. We then changed the status of the job to completed. From there we were able to see the job show as completed in the SCS console and delete it from there.

If this didn't work we were going to do as you instructed.

Thank you for the help!

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello JKey,

I am glad to hear about you were able to get this issue resolved. We will proceed to mark this thread as resolved. If you have further issues or questions just go ahead and create a new topic.

Jose A.

0 Kudos