Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2827 Discussions

How can i set up a new Management Presence Server? #newbie to AMT/vPro

xZxGx
Beginner

Hi All, Newbie to vPro/AMT here.

My support team currently manually provision AMT/MEBx via the bios on every device that we get and use MeshCommander to remote into machines that are in our ~60 offices globally/5k+ users.

However, as more staff globally work agile/flexi and home/remote workers increase, i want support to be able to remotely manage these non network/VPN connected devices etc as well as streamline the deployment of AMT provisioning.

I have downloaded the various Zip files - Configurator, SCS, SCCMAddon, PlatformDisco, but there are no clear step by step guides to implementation/set up etc.

I've found https://software.intel.com/sites/manageability/AMT_Implementation_and_Reference_Guide/default.htm?turl=WordDocuments%2Fdetaileddescription12.htm but not sure if this is SDK related or what.

Any help/guidance will be much appreciated.

ZxG | UK

0 Kudos
10 Replies
SergioS_Intel

Hello xZxGx,

Can you please let us know the AMT version that you are currently running on these systems?

Best regards,

Sergio S.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
xZxGx
Beginner

Hi Sergio,

on this Dell Lat 7400 model MEBx Version 12.0.0.0010

Zorek

0 Kudos
SergioS_Intel

Hello xZxGx,

The Remote Access feature is different from most other features in that the Intel AMT system acts as a client (and not a server) since it is requesting the service (from the MPS) and not providing it.

•  Remote Access will not work if the Intel AMT system does not have a root certificate for the MPS server certificate.

•  An Intel AMT platform that only supports NULL ciphers cannot connect to an MPS. Such a platform rejects attempts to define an MPS connection.

We do recommend checking these URLs:

Intel® Setup and Configuration Software (Intel® SCS)

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/software/setup-configuration-software.html

Intel® Setup and Configuration Software (Intel® SCS) Deployment Guide

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000020917/software/manageability-products.html

Best regards,

Sergio S.

0 Kudos
xZxGx
Beginner

H Sergio,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. I've been away on leave the last couple of weeks and back away from today.

One of our other issues is Wireless vPro as newer Dell laptops do not come with a physical NIC and vPro i believe is not supported over USB-C/Ethernet.

is there a way to configure this universally without having to log into every machine to configure the wifi settings with the web interface locally on each device?

I configured this correctly however, when a Request for Help was initiated, it was unable to obtain an IP/connect to the Wifi network etc.

Thanks

Zorek

0 Kudos
SergioS_Intel

Hello xZxGx,

I am following your question and we would like to know if you need more assistance.

Best regards,

Sergio S.

0 Kudos
SergioS_Intel

Hello xZxGx,

I am following your question and we would like to know if you need more assistance.

Best regards,

Sergio S.

0 Kudos
SergioS_Intel

Hello xZxGx,

We are following your question and we would like to know if you need more assistance.

Best regards,

Sergio S.

0 Kudos
SergioS_Intel

Hello xZxGx,

Currently, there is no option to configure all the device at the same time since they are wireless, you will need to log into every machine to configure the wifi settings with the web interface locally on each device.

You can find more information here:

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/software/software-applications/Intel_SCS_Deployment_Guide.pdf

Page 41.

Best regards,

Sergio S.

0 Kudos
SergioS_Intel

Hello xZxGx,

We are following your question and would like to know if you need more assistance.

Best regards,

Sergio S.

0 Kudos
SergioS_Intel

Hello xZxGx,

In case you need further assistance please contact us back.

Best regards,

Sergio S.

0 Kudos