Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
idata
Community Manager

IDE-R in DQ45CB not working

I have INTEL DB DQ45CB and each time i try to redirect CD by "Manageability Commander Tool", and boot from it i get "a bootable device has not been detected".

I've updated bios, and try to redirect to diffirent cd images or physical dvd drive. AMT is configured, and IDE-R, and SOL enabled. Strange thing is that dick redirect menu, "redirect active" is always turned on, and button is disabled (see picture).

Can enyone help me with this?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hello,

It's just a guess, but this is probably not an AMT issue, but rather an issue with the Intel Manageability Developer Toolkit tools.

Can you post a screenshot of the error message?

Trevor Sullivan

Systems Engineer

OfficeMax Corporation

idata
Community Manager

It may be compatibility problem between IATM 5 and Manageability Commander Tool, or just with this board and its firmware, because everything worked when i tried ide-r with iATM 4 on fujitsu-siemens computer.

error is visible on managed computer, black screen and massage "a bootable divice has not been detected. Please refer to the product guide ..."

idata
Community Manager

idata
Community Manager

Just FYI, I have had issues using the Intel System Defense Utility (ISDU). I have not had these same problems with the Intel Manageability Commander tool. I was unable to connect to a vPro client using the ISDU, and could connect to the same client without issues, using the Manageability Commander from the DTK.

I passed this information on to the development team, but haven't heard back from them about it.

Trevor Sullivan

Systems Engineer

OfficeMax Corporation

idata
Community Manager

Hi Trevor,

Thank you for the information.

I will try to do some other test and let you know if it works for me.

Best Regards,

Aryan

idata
Community Manager

IDE-R is working Intel System Defence Utility. It's still not working with the other tool, but it looks like we have to wait for another, corrected version

idata
Community Manager

Interesting ... it was the exact opposite for me. I'll have to try it again.

Trevor Sullivan

Systems Engineer

OfficeMax Corporation

TIMOTHY_D_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Our team is responsible for supporting the Manageability Developer tool Kit, I am sorry you expierenced this issue and more sorry we missed the support request. If you are still experiencing this issue please respond to this thread and/or contact us directly at mailto:support_dopd_swe@intel.com support_dopd_swe@intel.com. There are some setup steps that aren't always obvious in the Commander tool that I will go collect and supply if you require. We do have some open issues on the Redirection process open against Commander that this may be related to. I am working to get an update to the tool suite scheduled.

Thanks,

Tim

Intel Digital Office SW Engineering Team