Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2827 Discussions

IDE-R network speed limitation

kratka
Beginner

Hi, I am using IDE-R to format computers remotely. The problem is that IDE-R is too slow, like 4 hours to apply a windows image. Is there any solution to this?

I read about USB-R available in amt 12.  I am using I5-9500T that support AMT 12. Why i can´t see the USB-R option in mesh commander or in intel SCS? Storage redirection is already enable in BIOS.

I read too about remote iso launcher. That bypass the IDE-r speed? There is a intel tutorial about this?

Thanks

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JoseH_Intel

Hello kratka,

Thank you for joining the community

The AMT version depends on the system firmware. You want to check with your systems manufacturer if a AMT 12 firmware is available so you can do the upgrade. Been said that beginning in version 11.0, Storage Redirection uses the USB-R protocol rather than the IDE-R protocol.

About the ISO launcher could you please attach the reference where you got it from? I don't seem to find it in our documentation:

Intel® AMT SDK Implementation and Reference Guide

-Intel® Setup and Configuration Software (Intel® SCS) User Guide

I will look forward to your updates.

Regards

Jose A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
kratka
Beginner

Thank you for reply.

Already tried to update the firmware.My intel AMT is 12. Even test with AMT 14,  but in  intel SCS and meshcommander only IDE-R is available.

I need to use Intel EMA to use USB-R? i am using intel SCS  version 12.2.0.152 and meshcommander

Iso launcher i found in the google, not in official documentation.

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello kratka,

Good to know you were able to upgrade to AMT v12. Been that the case there could be a couple of issues here.

1. USB-R might not be available on your system for any reason, which you will need to check directly with the OEM
  2. You could try to unprovision your system and reprovision it making sure USB-R is enabled instead of IDE-R.

Regards

Jose A.

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello kratka,

Do you still have any further details, updates, questions, or comments in regards to this issue? If you consider the issue to be completed please let us know so we can proceed to mark this ticket as closed. I will try to reach you back next Tuesday 7th. After that, this thread will be automatically archived.

Regards

Jose A.

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello kratka,

We will proceed to mark this thread as closed. If you have further issues or questions just go ahead and submit a new topic.

Regards

Jose A.

0 Kudos