Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2827 Discussions

Intel DQ965GF sound issues

idata
Employee

Intel DQ965GF sound issues. Recently I have noticed that the sound from my computer has been muffled, indistinct and overlaid by a staticy "white noise". For instance when I start Media Centre the start up sound is not clear, is accompanied by a hissing, sound like an untuned radio and recorded programs or live TV is unwatchable due to the poor quality of sund. I have tried removing the drivers, updating them to the newest verisons and removing the Sonic software, but this does not help. I did disable the on board sound in the BIOS and try an old soundblaster card and that worked fine, so I know it is not the speakers or the cables. I also have a spare 1Tb disc with Windows 7 on it, with no third party drivers, and this does the same. Is it likely that the on board sound is now an ex-parrot?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Can someone email me and tell me how to read the replies to this! This bear of little brain is having problems!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Steve,

There is nothing you need to do to read your replies. Anytime anybody reply to your post you will receive an email notification and you can login and check it.

Since you have done some troubleshooting,it looks like the board may be faulty. Because as you said, the speakers are fine, on different operating system same problem,on different external sound card everything works fine, I guess it's a problem with the board.

You may either contact your reseller or contact intel and see if the motherboard needs replacement.

Link: http://support.intel.com/support/feedback.htm

Cheers

idata
Employee

In windows XP Pro an automatic update from microsoft messes with the onboard audio. If you reload the original drivers and your audio software, e.g. Intel Audio Studio it will fix the problem. I have about 350 computer with these motherboards. One of my labs accidently had the auto updates turned on and it messed up the audio on the entire lab. Reloading the original driver disk audio solved.

We normally allow updates to be downloaded but then choose which updates to load and which not to load. The only updates we routinely allow are XP security upgrades.

0 Kudos