Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2834 Discussions

Intel EMA out-of-band access not working

lpn
Beginner

Hello,

This is the first time I install an EMA Server, I used SCS/RCS/MeshCommander before.

I am using PKI provisioning and everything worked correctly to provision a test machine. But I have a major issue, the EMA server can only communicate with the machine when it is booted to Windows with the agent running (in-band). When the machine is off I cannot do anything anymore, not even turn it on. Intel AMT provisioning is full and complete.

I installed MeshCommander to access the PC with AMT and all features work fine! I must say that MeshCommander is much more complete than the EMA server for managing endpoints.

Of course I can use MeshCommander, the complication is with the randomized passwords I setup for security in EMA. I would need to copy them over to MeshCommander.

Any tips why OOB access is not working in EMA?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JoseH_Intel

Hello lpn,

Thank you for joining the Intel community.

Looks like you might be facing CIRA connectivity issues. This is somehow a common issue. You want to follow the steps depicted in this article How to Troubleshoot a Client Initiated Remote Access (CIRA)... (intel.com) Put particular attention to step 4

Been said the previous, if you are under a small environment (<50 systems) it is perfectly fine to use MeshCommander since you are getting success with it. 

Regards

Jose A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello lpn,

I am just following up to double-check if you found the provided information useful. If you have further questions please don't hesitate to ask. If you consider the issue to be completed please let us know so we can proceed to mark this thread as closed. I will try to reach you as a very last time on next Thursday 15th. After the thread will be automatically archived.

Regards

Jose A.

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello lpn,

We will proceed to mark this thread as closed. If you have further issues or questions just go ahead and submit a new topic.

Regards

Jose A.

0 Kudos