Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2834 Discussions

Intel EMA : stop managing endpoint

Kranebus
Beginner

Hello 

I'm looking for a method to stop managing an endpoint without using the EMA console

For example I know the m@c address and I want to delete the endpoint from the console automatically

I know how to uninstall the agent or how to unprovision MEBx but no idea how to do this

Do I need to to it in the SQL database ? If Yes, how ?

I knwo that there are API but don't know if it is the solution and  I'm newbie on API

Thanks for your help

Regards

Vincent

0 Kudos
4 Replies
den1
Beginner

There is an API command to delete an Endpoint based on the Endpoint ID.

You will have to learn how to use their rest API to authenticate and perform the actions.

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello Kranebus,

Thank you for joining the Intel community

You can try the following: https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/software/manageability-products/intel-ema-admin-and-usage-guide.pdf#page=13

Unprovisioning

If the endpoint is in Intel® AMT Client Control Mode, Intel EMA tries to use Intel EMA Agent to issue a CFG_ Unprovision command via Intel® MEI driver, to reset Intel AMT to default factory settings.

If the above fails or the endpoint is in Intel AMT Admin Control Mode, Intel EMA sends to WSMAN request AMT_ SetupAndConfigurationService\Unprovision to reset Intel AMT to default factory settings.

Intel EMA also tries to clear/remove the Active Directory objects created for 802.1X configuration, if this endpoint

group is using an Intel AMT Profile with 802.1X setup.

Notes:

• An instance of Intel EMA can only unprovision endpoints which it has provisioned. Endpoints pro visioned by one Intel EMA instance cannot be unprovisioned by another instance. Note that in a distributed server environment, all the servers in that distributed server environment are considered the same Intel EMA instance.
  • Intel EMA performs a full unprovision of Intel AMT and deletes any custom root certificate hashes and the PKI DNS suffix from the Intel AMT settings. As such, if you unprovision a system on a remote net work and then want to reprovision that system using Admin Control Mode, you may need to phys ically touch that system in order to do that.

Regards

Jose A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello Kranebus,

I am just following up to double-check if you found the provided information useful. If you have further questions please don't hesitate to ask. If you consider the issue to be completed please let us know so we can proceed to mark this thread as resolved. I will try to reach you as a very last time on next Thursday 24th. After that the thread will be automatically archived.

Regards

Jose A.

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello Kranebus,

We will proceed to mark this thread as closed. If you have further issues or questions just go ahead and submit a new topic.

Regards

Jose A.

0 Kudos