Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2827 Discussions

Intel SCS 2.0 SCCM 2012 R2 Integration Issue

PSin
Beginner

Hello All!

I am tasked to looking into the integration between AMT and SCCM 2012R2, I have installed the Add-On 2.0 with RCS integration. When ever I run the Remote System Discovery Task Sequence, it exit with code 32. Here is the Event:

Exit with code 32.

Details: Intel(R) AMT Operation completed with warnings:

System Discovery failed to get data from this system.

Failed to save the discovery data in the RCS database.

The parameter UUID is incorrect or missing.

AMT not found

I try with a Local System Discovery and the Information did get saved in the the registry. I am kinda stuck now, any suggestion will be greatly appreciate. Thanks in advance everyone!

0 Kudos
12 Replies
PSin
Beginner

I spoke with an Intel technician today, apparently, there are bad codes in the add-on mof files and they are in the middle of fixing them. Thank you very much for all your time!

0 Kudos
MCamp11
Beginner

Hey

Any news on this? I'm having the same issue.

0 Kudos
UPas
Beginner
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi! Any news about this issue? i face the same problem and I do use the last source of Intel SCS Addon for SCCM 2012 R2.

I'm trying to implement SCCM 2012 R2 OOB with Intel RCS server and Intel SCS Addon.

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
UPas
Beginner

sorry - can confirm it - the issue still exists - just have it now and I am in contact with Intel engineers.

Will give feedback when solved or any news - regards

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you for your feedback U2Pas! hope we can quickly find a solution to that problem...

FYI, I already tried the Intel SCS + SCCM 2012 R2 integration with Host-based configuration (without RCS Server) and everything was working.

I really wonder what's wrong with the remote configuration method...

0 Kudos
SKeif
Beginner

I was able to get things working by using hello messages and an edited version of the same script included with scs instead of the commands that the task sequences run by default. I am not having issues with SCCM out of band service point detecting amt status on system that are already provisioned. I have submitted a ticket to intel about this as well.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you for your feedback!

Can you share your script? It will maybe help in seeing what's wrong in the original script.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
SKeif
Beginner

The problem has nothing to do with the script that is added via the sccm admin. The problem lies with the ACUconfig.exe (or ACU.dll) file provided in the SCS installer itself. It is sending WMI to the RCS that is malformed. So to get around that I am just sending a hello message instead. I might look into writing my own script that does what ACUconfig would do but I have not attempted it just yet.

0 Kudos
UPas
Beginner

yes I think this is the problem.

If I make the discovery and the system already exists in SCS, no problem, otherwise failure message.

However my systems got moved to correct collection after discovery and after provisioning by the TS the system gets created in SCS and everything is fine.

Let's wait for Intel's feedback and hopefully fixed stuff.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

You're totally right.

This error message doesn't block anything about the SCCM related discovery (means writing discovered information in WMI and sending them to SCCM through hardware inventory). It's only block when trying to send information to RCS server. I heart that a known issue or I should say, its by design, that acuconfig can't send discovered information when the discovered computer doesn't already exist in RCS database.

The provisioning part of SCCM/RCS integration works great even with the error (the discovery TS ends successfully with warning so it's OK). I had some trouble for provisioning because I had at first a profile name with spaces in it configured on my RCS server. Once removed spaces, everything works flawlessly!

0 Kudos
SKeif
Beginner

I am experiencing the same issue. Look forward to what you hear back.

0 Kudos