Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2834 Discussions

Intel SCS - User Guide 5.8.1 Defining Management Presence Servers: How to create a Management Presence Server

CSher3
Beginner

I would like the management presence server to be the same as the Console and RCS data base. Is this possible, are they the same thing? If I can make it the same server, how do I define the listening port? In the profile it shows default port 80. Is this specific to the VNC settings like port 5900?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
JoseH_Intel

Hello CSher3,

Thank you for joining the community.

The Remote Configuration Service (RCS) is used to configure remotely and maintain Intel AMT devices. The RCS is a Windows based service (RCSServer) that runs on a computer (server) in the network.

The Management Presence Server (MPS) is used to establish a connection from an external network to a internal for AMT management purposes

You need to define both the domain IP address and listening port on the profile window but the port needs to be open on your network router

Regards

Jose A.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
CSher3
Beginner
Right, so how do I build a Management Presence Server, I haven't been able to find any information on it, as it appears it is Intel specific verbiage.
0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello CSher3,

You define its network properties on MPS properties window. The actual MPS could be separate from the RCS server. I will research if it can reside on the same RCS/console server

Regards

Jose A.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello CSher3,

I still researching on this issue. I appreciate your patience. Will get back to you as soon as I have updates.

Regards

Jose A.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello CSher3,

The MPS cannot coexist on the same machine as the RCS server because the MPS needs to be in the DMZ and you don’t want to have the RCS server in the DMZ.

Hope this helps

Regards

Jose A.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello CSher3,

I am just following up to double-check if you found the provided information useful. If you have further questions please don't hesitate to ask. If you consider the issue to be completed please let us know so we can proceed to mark this ticket as resolved. This support interaction will be marked as resolved automatically in the next 72 hours if no activity is received. 

Regards

Jose A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello CSher3,

We will proceed to mark this thread as resolved. If you have further issues or questions just go ahead and create a new topic.

Regards

Jose A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos