Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2835 Discussions

Intel vPro provisioning fails on reprovisoned PC

THoob
New Contributor I

We recently reprovisioned several old PCs. These were PCs that had already been provisioned once with vPro without issue. When attempting to reprovision the device with vPro we get an error. I have attached the system discovery. I tried to unconfigure but it said it is already unconfigured. I deleted the existing item in the IntelSCS DB.

2022-04-27 16:10:31:(INFO) : ACU Configurator , Category: HandleOutPut: Starting log 2022-04-27 16:10:31
2022-04-27 16:10:31:(INFO) : ACU Configurator, Category: : ACUConfig 12.2.0.170
2022-04-27 16:10:31:(INFO) : ACU Configurator, Category: -Unknown Operation-: VPSA809213.ad.ilstu.edu: Starting to configure AMT via RCS...
2022-04-27 16:10:31:(INFO) : ACU Configurator , Category: AMT Mode: 
2022-04-27 16:11:01:(INFO) : ACU Configurator , Category: Information message: Active certificate hashes have the following names: (0xc000005a)
2022-04-27 16:11:01:(INFO) : ACU Configurator , Category: Information message: Active certificate hashes have the following names: (0xc000005a)
2022-04-27 16:11:09:(INFO) : ACU Configurator , Category: WMI Access Layer: Success. (0) (retry set to = 2)
2022-04-27 16:11:09:(INFO) : ACU Configurator , Category: WMI Access Layer: Success. (0) (RCS not busy.)
2022-04-27 16:11:09:(INFO) : ACU Configurator , Category: WMI Access Layer: Success. (0) (RCS is currently handling = 10 threads)
2022-04-27 16:11:09:(ERROR) : ACU.dll, Category: Remote Configure: Aborting configuration.
2022-04-27 16:11:10:(ERROR) : ACU.dll, Category: Remote Configure: Failed to complete remote configuration of this Intel(R) AMT device. 
2022-04-27 16:11:10:(ERROR) : ACU Configurator, Category: Exit: ***********Exit with code 75. Details: Failed to complete remote configuration of this Intel(R) AMT device. The RCS failed to process the request. Another operation is being done on the Intel(R) AMT system at the moment. Retry the operation later. 

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
THoob
New Contributor I

Ok, I got it working. Unfortunately, I'm not sure quite where the issue was. I did have to go into each machines MEBx and re-enable the network provision option. The UUID showing all zeroes has also fixed itself. I did have one device that ended up creating a secong object of itself in IntelSCS but deleting the old one fixed it. I don't think it had anything to doe with the cert update because it was still working with other PCs before the change over. Also odd is even after provisioning via the RCS there no hashes in the MEBx, in fact the menu does not show up. I don't understand how it can work at all without the certs but maybe they are still there but not showing.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
JoseH_Intel

Hello THoob,

Thank you for joining the Intel community.

I can see you are still using Intel SCS. Let me remind you that SCS is no longer supported. I suspect the reason you still use SCS is because your old systems have older AMT versions (earlier than v11) so it won't be possible to use Intel EMA. You can try to use the Open Software Projects - MeshCommander

Intel® Setup and Configuration Software (Intel® SCS) End of Life...

Regards

Jose A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
THoob
New Contributor I

Yes I am fully aware Intel SCS is end of life. We are planning on moving to Intel EMA in the future. However what I need help with is the Intel SCS issue I am having right now.

0 Kudos
THoob
New Contributor I

Ok, some progress. I figured out that the PC had been fully unprovisioned, not on purpose, but because the CMOS battery died so the config was lost. When this happened it also reset the network provisioning option in the MEBx. Once this was re-enabled it got further along but I have run into a new error:

Exit with code 75. Details: Failed to complete remote configuration of this Intel(R) AMT device. A TCP error occurred. Make sure that the destination settings are correct and that a network connection exists to the target. The UUID of the Intel(R) AMT system does not match the supplied UUID.

I have deleted the object in IntelSCS on the RCS. I also deleted the AD vPro object. However when provisioning it creates the object in IntelSCS but the UUID is all zeroes. It does not create the AD object, I'm guessing because it gets stuck on this UUID.

To test to make sure the server was working at all I tried to provision a brand new PC that should work fine but it too failed with the following error.  Now I'm not sure what is going on. The new PC we provisioned is a brand new Optiplex 7090 and is running Intel AMT version 15.0.23.1777. Maybe Intel SCS doesn't support v15? It failed with error:

Exit with code 75. Details: Failed to complete remote configuration of this Intel(R) AMT device. The RCS failed to process the request. Another operation is being done on the Intel(R) AMT system at the moment. Retry the operation later.  

Wealso recently updated our cert on the RCS. Everything seemed to go fine but maybe there is an issue there? I'll do some more troubleshooting.

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello THoob,

Thank you for your feedback. We will wait for your results. You can also check here for the AD integration when creating the provisioning profile: https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/software/manageability-products/Intel_AMT_Configuration_Utility.pdf#page=53

Regards

Jose A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
THoob
New Contributor I

Ok, I believe the issue is all the hashes are gone. I don't even have the menu option for them. How do I add the certificate hashes back in MEBx?

0 Kudos
THoob
New Contributor I

Ok, I got it working. Unfortunately, I'm not sure quite where the issue was. I did have to go into each machines MEBx and re-enable the network provision option. The UUID showing all zeroes has also fixed itself. I did have one device that ended up creating a secong object of itself in IntelSCS but deleting the old one fixed it. I don't think it had anything to doe with the cert update because it was still working with other PCs before the change over. Also odd is even after provisioning via the RCS there no hashes in the MEBx, in fact the menu does not show up. I don't understand how it can work at all without the certs but maybe they are still there but not showing.

0 Kudos