Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2834 Discussions

Is it possible to simulate vpro in a virtual machine?

RAzev5
Beginner

I am currently working with vpro, trying to develop a program to control PCs using AMT, but I don't currently own any PC with a vpro chip, can I simulate AMT and KVM on a virtual machine?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello RodrigoAzev,

I am afraid the option to simulate the Vpro to be used on Virtual Machines is not possible. This because Vpro is the interaction of several hardware components together.

I am going to check with engineering to see if they have any run any LABs with a simulator or something similar.

Allow me a couple of days to see if I can find any additional information.

If there is anything else we can help please feel free to ask.

Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos
RAzev5
Beginner

Hi Henry,

I suspected that, I am aware that vpro is composed of hardware and not only software, but I hoped there was a fully software solution for it so I could run it in a virtual machine, as my developing group is trying to creat a solution for a business using intel's vpro solution as a major part of the project, and I wanted to test it, we will probrably buy a vpro chip, but I wanted to have something in advance.

Thanks for your help.

Rodrigo M.A.

0 Kudos
RAzev5
Beginner

By the way thank you so much, I am expecting to hear from you.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello RodrigoAzev,

I got an answer from engineering and they are talking on creating a virtual machine to simulate Vpro for testing, but I am afraid the there is no ETA on the development.

Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello RodrigoAzev,

I just will like to follow up on the last information provided. I know is not what you were looking for. Intel will continue working to see if possible but we can not promise anything

Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos
RAzev5
Beginner

Hi Henry.

Its okay, after giving it some thought me and my team got to the conclusion that it would be to dififult anyway to have something like it, we understand that it would be really hard to simulate an entire motherboard, processors etc. otherwise it would not be as we expect.But you did answer my question, so thank you very much.

Rodrigo

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello RodrigoAzev,

Because we have heard or received any updates from your side, we will proceed on closing this forum.

Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello RodrigoAzev,

Because we have heard or received any updates from your side, we will proceed on closing this forum.

Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos