Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2827 Discussions

Is there a change to SOL in ME 12?

RHell1
Beginner

Hello,

in our company we are using Intel-ME and MESH-Commander several years. Our most used features are to start clients without user-action and to boot into BIOS, when the client is not accessible any more.

Our last model was a HP ProDesk 600 G3 MT with Intel CORE I3 an the ME 11.8.50.3425, which is working without Problems.

Now there has to be a change and we are testing a HP ProDesk 600 G4 MT with Intel PENTIUM GOLD and the ME 12.0.7.1122.

If I connect the new Client with MESH-Commander I can list all Information, but when I try to take Control with SOL i get an Error:

"Unable to connect to serial-over-lan port (IMR_RES_AUTH_FAILED). Check that the redirection port ist enabled and serial-over-lan feature is turned on."

So the port is enabled and the SOL-Feature seems to be turned on. I alos solved all Internet-hints to IMR_RES_AUTH_FAILED.

I can reach and manage the client over port 16992.

Telnet to port 16994 works also.

With wireshark I get an answer:

HTTP/1.1 200 OK

Date: ...

Server: Intel(R) STandard Manageabilty 12.0.7.1122

X-Frame-Option: DNY

Content-Type: application/Soap+XML; charset=UTF-8

Transfer-Encoding: chunked

<?XML ...</span>

Has anyone an idea?

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi Int-Tec-R,

Thank you for using our support.

I have reviewed the documentation of the latest Intel® Management Engine (ME) driver and there are no changes in how to set Serial Over LAN (SOL).

I noted Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) released a newer driver for your computer. The latest version is available in the link below:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-prodesk-600-g4-microtower-pc/21341167/swItemId/vc-219421-1 2018 Intel Management Engine Driver

Make sure you are using the latest BIOS version.

We will need more details of your current configuration to provide further support.

-Did you set the TLS encryption? If yes, we need to use the port 16995.

-What AMT versions are currently installed on your systems?

-How many systems are you deploying with AMT?

-Which operating system are you using?

If the problem continues, please send me the logs of the tool called https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/91600/Intel-System-Support-Utility Intel® System Support Utility.

I am sending the guide available for https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/motherboards/server/sb/serialoverlanwhitepaper.pdf Serial Over LAN (SOL) for

EPSD Server Hardware (Intel Servers).

Regards,

Miguel C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
RHell1
Beginner

Hi Miguel C.,

thank you for your answer.

The target system is updated with the latest drivers and BIOS. The problem still exists.

So when you say, that there are no differences regarding SOL-function between ME11 and ME12, I think the solution must be provided by HP.

Regards.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Int-Tec-R,

It was my pleasure to assist you. If you need anything else please reply back to this post.

Regards,

Miguel C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos