Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2834 Discussions

PSK Configuration

idata
Employee

Hello everyone

I try to configure Intel vPro Clients with the PSK-Method. I have installed an Intel SCS Server version 6.0.24.23. I do the pre-configuration with an USB-Key and have to use the Activator.exe to finish the whole Intel AMT configuration. There are Intel AMT version 3.0.1, 5.0.3, 7.1.3 in use. The used profile has enabled ACL and Home Domains.

Everytime I try it, I get the "SCS Code: 5004". I looked for this Error-Code but I can't find anything about that. => AMT version 3.0.1 & 5.0.3

I hope anybody can help me by this troubles. Thanks a lot

Smustyle

0 Kudos
7 Replies
idata
Employee

I have a question also regarding this topic can i update older machines to amt bios version 7.1?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Roger,

You can update machines to the latest dot relase of that specific firmware.

You cannot take a 2.x, 3.x, 4.x, 5.x or 6.x machine and make it a 7.x machine, but you can take a 7.1 machine and update to 7.2

hope that helps!

Josh

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Smustyle,

Do you happen to be integrating with the Active Directory?

In the past this error has meant: AD Object already exists.

In the meantime I will research why this error is not in the guide.

let me know if that helps!

Josh

idata
Employee

Thanks for your help.. Yes I has an integration in the Active Directory. The Problem was, that i connected it to the standard Computers-OU, where all Clients werde added. I had to create a new OU and connect to this.

I can now configure Clients with AMT version 3.2 & 5 with Intel SCS server 6. Is it possible to configure AMT 7.1 clients with the same SCS Server version too? Or should i install the new SCS server version?

And a second question. i will start a KVM Remote Connection with VNC Viewer Plus to the Intel AMT 7.1 Client. I'm not using TLS because I don't have any certificate for it. Is it possible to have KVM Remote Control without using TLS?

Thanks..

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

You can still use SCS 6 to configure all of your machines.

There will be a new SCS release coming out soon however:

http://software.intel.com/en-us/blogs/2011/10/13/scs-8-first-teaser/ http://software.intel.com/en-us/blogs/2011/10/13/scs-8-first-teaser/

And you can definitely use KVM without TLS.

thanks!

Josh

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I'm using an HP EliteBook 8460p with Intel i7-2620M (2.7GHz) with Intel vPro. I have set the KVM password in the configuration but when i connect to the host system using VNC viewer plus i get the following error:

=> Either the username was not recognised, or the password was incorrect.

For username I use "admin" and the password is the same, which i have set and which i can also see in the SCS 6 Settings of the client.

I have read that for a KVM connection Intel Graphics need integrated into the vPro system. When i look into the device manager of it there is a "Radeon HD6470M". Could the graphic card be the mistake for this problem? Should I need a Computer/Notebook with Intel i5/i7 vPro and integrated Intel Graphics?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I do not have this model of system to test out in my lab.

One thing you may want to do is check BIOS to see if there is an option for selecting the integrated graphics device.

I know on other systems that have Nvidia discreet cards, they have an option called Optimus which let's you get the performance advantage of the discreet card while still taking advantage of the power savings / KVM feature of the integrated graphics.

If you still do not have success connecting to KVM, you may want to contact your OEM and find out if it is supported on that particular system.

thanks!

Josh

0 Kudos