Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2827 Discussions

Provisioning Problem with ME V15.0.41.2142

Zieri__Sascha
Beginner

We have a working Intel EMA Server on Version1.7.1 with a Provisioning Certificate from DigiCert for AdminMode Provision.

The Provisioning-Process works on all the different ME Hardwareversions we got but on our newest Clientsystems from  HP ProBook 650 G8 and EliteBook x360 830 G8 the ME only works right after the Provisioning Process.

Then as soon we shutdown the Clientsystems the first time its quite difficult to Poweron them again. If Poweron works the Machines cannot connect to any Wlan after OS Boot anymore.

When trying to get to the Bootmenu (Pressing F9) the Machines Poweroff loop instead of showing the Bootmenu.

Finally After Pressing the Powerbutton for about 30 Seconds the Machines will start again (I think this triggers a Hardware Reset) but the whole ME-Configuration gets lost and even the ME Passwort is setback to "admin".

The Convertibles (Bios 1.09.10) and the Notebooks (Bios 1.09.10) have the newest available Bios and ME Firmware (ME 15.0.41.2142) installed.

The written Effect only happens on the Machines with ME 15 on the older Clientsystems with Version 11.8, 12 or 14 anything works well.

Did anyone else experience such things or does have a solution for that problem with ME Version 15?

Thanks for reply

Greetings

Sascha

0 Kudos
13 Replies
Victor_G_Intel

Hello Zieri__Sascha,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

To continue with your request can you please provide the following information:

1. How many systems in total have been affected by this issue?
  2. Is this a new implementation or a current one? If any, how many systems are part of this affected deployment?
  3. I understand that this issue only happens on machines with the ME versions 15 on the older while using EMA 1.7.1; however, do you guys have experienced this in an older version of EMA as well for example 1.6.X?
  4. Have you guys contacted HP? If yes, did they provide any feedback on this situation?
  5. What operating system is being run in these affected systems? If possible, please provide the build being used as well.

Regards,

Victor G.

Intel Technical Support Technician

0 Kudos
Zieri__Sascha
Beginner

Hello Victor G.

1. All our G8 Series Notebooks and Convertibles are affected, we got at the moment over 50 pieces for each of models

2. We had a massive Problem with EMA filling up the "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA" with files on our Provision Server with on older EMA Release, so we completely rebuild the Server from scratch. Also we needed to renew our provisioning Certificate in spring and get it now from DigiCert cause GoDaddy's very complicated recognition process (as our Business is located in Europe and not the US they couldn't rekey the Cert with the confirmations we could send them).

Now we have EMA up and running on V1.7.1, initial we had the V1.7.0 version installed and upgraded that as soon as V1.7.1 was available.

We got about 1000 Clientsystems from HP, in our environment they are split for several model types as we change normaly about 200 Clients per Year so about 10 percent of our Machines are affected.

3. Yes we only have the Problem with the ME Hardware Version 15. We could successfully provision the HP ProBook 650 G8 in early spring when we got the first shipment from HP, i think we had at this Point EMA 1.6 in use but also the Bios and ME Firmware was at an older Version (Bios 1.08.20 with ME Firmware 15.0.35.1951

4. We escaleted the Problem Today to HP too.

5. Windows 11 21H2 Version 10.0.22000.795

We Provision our Systems in ACM with TLS and a WPA2IEEE802_1 CCMP wlan profile.

Regards,

Sascha Zieri

0 Kudos
Zieri__Sascha
Beginner

Hello Victor G.

1. All our G8 Series Notebooks and Convertibles are affected, we got at the moment over 50 pieces for each of models

2. We had a massive Problem with EMA filling up the "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA" with files on our Provision Server with on older EMA Release, so we completely rebuild the Server from scratch. Also we needed to renew our provisioning Certificate in spring and get it now from DigiCert cause GoDaddy's very complicated recognition process (as our Business is located in Europe and not the US they couldn't rekey the Cert with the confirmations we could send them).

Now we have EMA up and running on V1.7.1, initial we had the V1.7.0 version installed and upgraded that as soon as V1.7.1 was available.

We got about 1000 Clientsystems from HP, in our environment they are split for several model types as we change normaly about 200 Clients per Year so about 10 percent of our Machines are affected.

3. Yes we only have the Problem with the ME Hardware Version 15. We could successfully provision the HP ProBook 650 G8 in early spring when we got the first shipment from HP, i think we had at this Point EMA 1.6 in use but also the Bios and ME Firmware was at an older Version (Bios 1.08.20 with ME Firmware 15.0.35.1951

We Provision our Systems in ACM with TLS and a WPA2IEEE802_1 CCMP wlan profile.

Regards,

Sascha Zieri

0 Kudos
Zieri__Sascha
Beginner

Hello Victor G.

3. Yes we only have the Problem with the ME Hardware Version 15. We could successfully provision the HP ProBook 650 G8 in early spring when we got the first shipment from HP, i think we had at this Point EMA 1.6 in use but also the Bios and ME Firmware was at an older Version (Bios 1.08.20 with ME Firmware 15.0.35.1951

We Provision our Systems in ACM with TLS and a WPA2IEEE802_1 CCMP wlan profile.

Regards,

Sascha Zieri

0 Kudos
Zieri__Sascha
Beginner

Hello Victor G.

3. Yes we only have the Problem with the ME Hardware Version 15. We could successfully provision the HP ProBook 650 G8 in early spring when we got the first shipment from HP, i think we had at this Point EMA 1.6 in use but also the Bios and ME Firmware was at an older Version (Bios 1.08.20 with ME Firmware 15.0.35.1951

We Provision our Systems in ACM with TLS and a WPA2IEEE802_1 CCMP wlan profile.

Regards,

Sascha Zieri

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel

Hello Zieri__Sascha,

Thank you for your responses.

We apologize for the long wait. Please allow us to review this information internally, and kindly wait for an update.

Once we have more information to share we will post it on this thread.

Regards,

Victor G.

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel

Hello Zieri__Sascha,

Thank you for your patience.

In this case, based on the behavior that happens with these devices we don’t believe the issue goes towards AMT or EMA.

Additionally, when it comes to any issues with the ME please bear in mind that these have to be seen with the OEM since any updates/changes for it are provided within the OEM BIOS.

The behavior that you mentioned in which the whole ME configuration gets lost along with the ME password shouldn’t happen unless the systems CMOS might be defective, which sounds odd considering the systems are new.

Since you have already opened a ticket with HP please review with them the scenario with these systems and let us know if anything else is needed from our end in regards to AMT or EMA after they finish helping you out.

Regards,

Victor G.

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel

Hello Zieri__Sascha,

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Please let me know if you need further assistance or if you are still waiting to get some information from HP.  

Regards, 

Victor G. 

0 Kudos
Zieri__Sascha
Beginner

Hello Victor_G_Intel

As it's still Vacation Time in Europe i didn't get an solution from HP for now, they answered for my inquiry but only to tell me, that the needed Technician is in Vacation till 27. July.  I think that they will answer it within the next two weeks.

Also the Bios Version for the two problematic Systems are still the ones from 20. June, so nothing from there too.

As soon i will hear something from HP, i will post again.

Regards,

Sascha

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel

Hello Zieri__Sascha,

Thank you for your response.

We will be waiting for your post.

Regards,

Victor G.

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel

Hello Zieri__Sascha,

I was wondering how the situation with HP went. In case you are still waiting to get a contact from them please let us know.

Regards, 

Victor G. 

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel

Hello Zieri__Sascha,

We have not heard back from you.

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Regards,

Victor G.

0 Kudos
Zieri__Sascha
Beginner

sorry for the delay

unfortunately our meeting with HP last week was canceled due sickness of the HP emloye. But I mailed them again an got confirmation that they escaleted the Problem further to the technicians. We also tried the provisioning with the new Bios and Firmware released on August 9. as well with the new EMA Version 1.8 but the problems still appear.

Greetings

Sascha

0 Kudos