Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2862 Discussions

Regarding changes in behavior depending on the type of account used

SKubo
New Contributor I

Dear IntelEMA Support Team,

If I use an AzureAD (EntraID) user account or an EMA local account for my EMA account, will there be any changes in the operation of the EMA system itself?

I think the setup method will be different, but after signing in, it will depend on the authority management within EMA, so is it correct to understand that there will be no difference in operation between AD and local accounts?

Regards,
Skubo

0 Kudos
3 Replies
vij1
Employee

Hello Skubo,

Greetings!

Intel EMA operates similarly whether using Azure Entra or EMA local. As you mentioned, the difference lies in user authentication.

Please refer to Section 1.3.4, "Pre-installation Instructions for Microsoft Azure AD Environments," in the Intel EMA Server Installation and Maintenance Guide:

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/software/manageability-products/intel-ema-server-installation-and-maintenance-guide.pdf

Regards,

Vijay N.

0 Kudos
vij1
Employee

Hello Skubo,

Greetings!

I am following up on the case and wondering if I can help you with anything else. Look forward to your response.

Regards,

Vijay N. 

0 Kudos
vij1
Employee

Hello Skubo,

Greetings!

I am following up on the case and wanted to check if there is anything else I can assist you with. I look forward to your response.

Regards,

Vijay N.

0 Kudos