Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2835 Discussions

Thermal Management controller - ID24 unplug

MLafl
Beginner

I am trying to update the Intel (R) C600 / X79 series Thermal Controller Controller - ID 24 from Driver Easy software.

That application informs me that the controller in question is not connected. It must be plugged in so that the update can be done.

I have no idea how to connect such controller. Someone can send me instructions to do it.

I enclose here 4 screenshots showing some informations about my system. Thank you for all the help you will give me.

This application

0 Kudos
6 Replies
MLafl
Beginner

Other information that might be relevant. My CPU is cooled with a liquid cooler and the fan is plugged into the "system fan" socket and the pump into the "CPU pump" socket

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello shermichel,

Let me help you as much as possible.

Could you please provide me with the version of the C+00 / X79 Series Thermal Controller been use for the update and or possible the link where you are getting this file from.

Also, I see you are using Driver Easy Software to do the upgrade.

I am afraid this is a none Intel Software.

Also, if you verify the intel https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/77781/Intel-Core-i7-4820K-Processor-10M-Cache-up-to-3-90-GHz- driver download website for i7-4820k.

I will recommend to contact the software manufacturer fo Driver Easy Software.

If there is anything else we can help please feel free to ask.

Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos
MLafl
Beginner

Thank you Mr Henry for your fast answer.

According to the information obtained by Drivers Easy Pro software, the version of the device would be 9.2.21032 dated 2013-07-25. One of the screenshots included in the dropbox link below displays this information.

Following your recommendations, I ran Intel Driver & Support Assistant : you will find the detailed report in the dropbox link.

I also ran the 64-bit Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool whose detailed report is also included in the same link. The scan could not find the origin of the BIOS: AlienWare A11 and it is up to date.

I hope that with this information you can better guide me in solving this problem.

I do not know how important the device can be for the long-term functioning of my computer, but I prefer not to take any chances.

Documents here : https://www.dropbox.com/sh/wkqp4uec0afv7u4/AAA0mErx3Xckp_VMfzkZYMgka?dl=0 Intel communities

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello shermichel,

I am glad to help you. But I am afraid there is not Dropbox Link on your last interaction.

I will be more than glad to take a look at the file. But I will recommend to Contact Alienware for a more detail information on drivers and Tools for your model system.

I will await the link and I will do my very to help you.

Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello shermichel,

I will like to follow up and see if there is something else I can be of help.

Please remember that the best option will be to contact Alienware for support.

Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello shermichel,

We haven't heard from you for awhile. I will be closing this threat.

If in the future you will like to continue with your question you can open a new threat and refer back to this one

Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos