Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2869 Discussions

Upgrading from EMA v1.12.2.0 to Intel® EMA v1.13.1.0

Hideo
Novice

Hi.

What is the procedure for vergen up from Intel® EMA v1.12.2.0 to Intel® EMA v1.13.1.0?

The Intel® Endpoint Management Assistant (Intel® EMA) Cloud Start Tool for Azure* (Advanced Template) was used to install Intel® EMA.

The download URL is as follow

Intel® Endpoint Management Assistant (Intel® EMA) Cloud Start Tool for Azure*

The version of Intel® EMA in the template was v1.12.2.0.
Therefore, we attempted to upgrade the version.

The method implemented is as follows.

・Uninstalled Intel® EMA v1.12.2.0.
・Then reinstalled Intel® EMA v1.13.1.0.
 *AzureSQL was used for SQL at that time.

Intel® EMA could be installed, but I could not remote control the agent terminal from Intel® EMA.

Therefore,
What is the procedure for a regular upgrade from Intel® EMA v1.12.2.0 to Intel® EMA v1.13.1.0.

We are waiting for your reply.
Best regards.

Hideo.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hello Hideo,

Greetings!

Please find the latest EMA download link and the installation guide given below with the steps for the EMA upgrade.

EMA download link :

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19449/intel-endpoint-management-assistant-intel-ema.html

Please find the installation guide in the download link given above.

Upgrading Intel® Endpoint Management Assistant (Intel® EMA) from v1.12.2.0 to v1.13.1.0 should be done carefully to ensure all configurations and settings are retained, and functionality like remote control of agent terminals remains operational. Below is a step-by-step guide for a regular upgrade procedure:

1. Preparation:
  • Backup Data: Before starting the upgrade, backup all Intel® EMA data, including the SQL database and configuration files.
  • Review Release Notes: Check the release notes for v1.13.1.0 to understand new features, improvements, and any known issues.
  1. Upgrade Intel® EMA:
  • Download Latest Version: Obtain the Intel® EMA v1.13.1.0 package from the official Intel download site.
  • Stop Services: Stop all Intel® EMA services to ensure no data corruption during the upgrade.
  1. Run the installation package for v1.13.1.0 directly on the server where Intel® EMA v1.12.2.0 is installed.
  2. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the upgrade.
  • Option 2: Manual Installation:
  1. Uninstall Intel® EMA v1.12.2.0, ensuring that the database and configuration files are retained.
  2. Install Intel® EMA v1.13.1.0.
  • Verify Database Connection: Ensure that Intel® EMA is correctly connected to the AzureSQL database.
  • Configure Settings: Verify all settings and configurations, including user accounts, permissions, and policies.
  • Restart Services: Start all Intel® EMA services and ensure they are running properly.
  1. Testing and Validation:
  • Functionality Check: Verify that all functionalities, including remote control of agent terminals, are working as expected.
  • Log Analysis: Check logs for any errors or warnings that might indicate issues.
  • Agent Terminal Check: Ensure that all agent terminals are communicating correctly with the new Intel® EMA version.
  1. Troubleshooting:
  • Review Logs: If there are issues with remote control or other functionalities, review the Intel® EMA logs for any errors.
  • Check Agent Status: Ensure the Intel® EMA agents on the client terminals are updated and running correctly.
  • Network Configuration: Verify that there are no network issues preventing communication between the server and client terminals.

Kindly let us know if you are facing any further query.

Thanks & Regards

Arun

0 Kudos
Hideo
Novice

Hi.

Arun.

Thanks for the reply.

I did it the following way you taught me.

>>

1. Upgrade Intel® EMA:
  • Download Latest Version: Obtain the Intel® EMA v1.13.1.0 package from the official Intel download site.
  • Stop Services: Stop all Intel® EMA services to ensure no data corruption during the upgrade.
  1. Run the installation package for v1.13.1.0 directly on the server where Intel® EMA v1.12.2.0 is installed.
  2. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the upgrade.

>>

When I did so, I got the following error and the update stopped.

Hideo_0-1720071080959.png

Please let me know the cause and how to fix it.

I am waiting for your reply.

Best regards.

Hideo.

0 Kudos
vij1
Employee

Hello Hideo,

Greetings!

Thank you for the update. Could you please confirm if you are using Client Control Mode (CCM) or Admin Control Mode (ACM)?

Best regards,

Vijay N.

0 Kudos
Hideo
Novice

Hi.

Arun.

Thanks for the reply.

Hideo_0-1720145293378.png

I am using the Admin Control Mode (ACM), as described above.

Hideo_1-1720145425836.png

I look forward to your answers on the causes and remedies to the above.

I am waiting for your reply.

Best regards.

Hideo.

0 Kudos