Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2834 Discussions

What IAMT version has Vlan option

idata
Employee

any one knows which iamt version has vlan option? I need to c onfigure vlan tagging tnx

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Jacob_G_Intel
Employee

They all do. However, for most versions it can only be set remotly, not through the BIOS UI called MEBx. Remote tools that can do this (that I know of) are SCS (during provisioning) and Manageability Commander.

idata
Employee
idata
Employee

btw, I tried using Manageability Commander tool and managed to install and see the VLAN tag option, but when I enabled the vlan tag option and assigning vlan id, it gives off error message, i was not able to proceed with further test.

any advice on this?? thanks

0 Kudos
Jacob_G_Intel
Employee

One possibility is that the vlan ID is being set as expected, but commander is not on that vLan. If this is the case, commander would lose communication with AMT.

If that's not it, then I would try turning on/off WSMan as follows: View -> Advanced Properties -> Networking tab.

If you can't make commander work, you might try using WinRM (assuming you have AMT 3.2 or higher) from a command line. You'll have to dig through the AMT SDK docs to determin the exact command. These links will get you started: /community/openportit/vproexpert/blog/2009/12/10/using-amt-remotley-from-a-command-line-with-winrm http://communities.intel.com/community/openportit/vproexpert/blog/2009/12/10/using-amt-remotley-from-a-command-line-with-winrm /community/openportit/vproexpert/blog/2010/01/05/winrm-tricks--enabling-the-redirection-listener http://communities.intel.com/community/openportit/vproexpert/blog/2010/01/05/winrm-tricks--enabling-the-redirection-listener /community/openportit/vproexpert/blog/2010/05/06/winrm-command-line-for-kerberos-and-tls http://communities.intel.com/community/openportit/vproexpert/blog/2010/05/06/winrm-command-line-for-kerberos-and-tls

Good luck. Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Here is what i did, connect to an amt client using manageability commander tool in back to back connection

Then on the console machine set vlan on my intel adapter, the connection between the console and amt client would fail,unable to proceed to set vlan tagged in the commander tool

btw, am using iamt version 6.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

btw, here is the error msg encountered when i tried enabling vlan tagging in command tool

pls see attached tnx

0 Kudos
Jacob_G_Intel
Employee

My appologies; I was wrong about vLan support. From the AMT SDK: "Releases 4.x, 6.0 and later releases do not support VLAN."

AMT versions 3.x, and 5.x do support vLan accordning to the SDK. The SDK doesn't mention 1, 2, or 2.5 but I am fairly certain they do support it using EOI(SOAP) calls.

Now that I see the feature is being removed, I'm curious, what are you trying to do with it? Let me know if I can be of any more help. Again, sorry about the wrong information.

0 Kudos