Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2834 Discussions

cannot re-discover vpro systems via SCS once the system entry was deleted from SMS-admin

Mark_C_Intel
Employee

I tried this on AMT Demo Kit 3.5 as well as with SMS add-on v3.2. Initially, I could provision a cPro system through SCS and have SMS add-on to discover the cPro system via SCS discovery. AMT operation for asset and remote power were working fine. I deleted the entry from SMS AMT system collection. Then, I tried to discover via SCS discovery again, it won't show up anymore. I could repeat this problem few times. So, I am not sure if there is a bug or because my operation error.

Mark

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Brian_Cockrell
Employee

The problem you describe is a design decision and is working as expected. If you need to reimport the system into SMS, use the "Discover Intel AMT via IP Scan" function.

0 Kudos
Steven_D_Intel1
Employee

If you are using the SMS Add-on for AMT in "Integrated with SCS" mode and you perform a client discovery using SCS, the Add-on records the time/date when it performed the discovery.

If you perform another discovery using SCS at some future date, the Add-on will only discover systems that have been provisioned since the last time the SCS discovery was run. As indicated by the first reply to your post, this was a design decision to optimize the discovery process by not re-detecting existing systems and only detecting systems that were provisioned since discovery was last run

In the case you mentioned, since you deleted the client resource from SMS and re-ran the SCS discovery it will not be re-detected by the Add-on because the client was not provisioned since last time discovery was run

If you want to avoid using an IP scan you can reset the last discovery time / date - there are some entries in the registry that are fairly intuitive to change although as always, you should exercise caution editing the registry

0 Kudos