Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2902 Discussions

enable AMT on intel core 19 13th generation

shreshths
Beginner

I have the 2023 DELL Alienware R15 with the 13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900KF processor. I'm trying to enable the AMT feature to be able to reboot remotely since I'm using the system as a server and the native windows keeps crashing and locking me out. I'm not able to find a good documentation on how to enable AMT on my device and set it up for remote reboot with something like MeshCentral. Could someone please point me in the right direction or share their experience if they've done it? 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MIGUEL_C_Intel

Hello, Shreshths,

I hope this post finds you well.

I reviewed the document called Alienware Aurora R15 Setup and Specifications; it seems the machine does not have Intel® vPro.  Intel® AMT is a feature of the vPro platform.  I suggest contacting Alienware and confirming the availability of the feature. 

Alienware Aurora R15 Setup and Specifications

https://dl.dell.com/content/manual14712466-alienware-aurora-r15-setup-and-specifications.pdf?language=en-us

For remote access, it is necessary to have Intel® AMT in the motherboard, processor, and embedded network cards.

Intel® AMT allows remote access to the machine; it is necessary to use a tool to access the machine such as MeshCentral (third-party), Intel® Manageability Commander (IMC), Intel® Endpoint Management Assistant (EMA).  Each tool has requirements.

I will gladly provide further assistance if necessary.

Regards,

Miguel C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
MIGUEL_C_Intel

Hello, Shreshths,

I hope you are doing well.

If further assistance is necessary, please let me know.

Regards,

Miguel C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos