Items with no label
3335 Discussions

Can't detect RealSense D435i RGB camera with Bootcamp of MacBook Pro

PKu00
Beginner

Hi Experts,

I'm using Windows 10 with Bootcamp.

Device: MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015)

Processor: 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7

Graphics: Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

When connect the D435i via USB 3.0, it always says it is using USB 2.1, so it only has depth image in RealSense viewer.

Is D435i supported in Win 10 with Bootcamp?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Alexandra_C_Intel
Hi PKu00. Thank you for your interest in the Intel RealSense D435i camera. Are using the cable the cable that came with the camera? Can you please try the following workarounds? 1. Unplug the camera and plug it back in quickly. 2. Connect the cable to the camera side first then to the host second. 3. Reverse the orientation of the C-type connector to the camera. 4. Plug in the camera to other PCs with USB 3 ports and plug it back into the original PC. Let me know if the issue persists. Regards, Alexandra
0 Kudos
PKu00
Beginner

Hi Alexandra,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

I tried all the options, all I could get is the image below. And in Device Manager, there is only 1 camera (depth), should be a RGB camera there as well? Capture.PNG

device.PNG

Thanks!

0 Kudos
PKu00
Beginner

Hi @Alexandra_Intel​ , is USB 3.1 port a must for D435i camera? I don't have too many other computers. I tried with my Surface Pro 4, it has USB 3.0. But got the same screenshot as on Macbook Pro.

0 Kudos
Alexandra_C_Intel
Hi PKu00, Thank you for your interest in the Intel RealSense D435 camera. Unfortunately, Bootcamp is not supported. See this Note: Due to the USB 3.0 translation layer between native hardware and virtual machine, the librealsense team does not recommend or support installation in a VM. from https://github.com/IntelRealSense/librealsense/blob/master/doc/installation_windows.md. You should test the camera on another PC to make sure the camera works. Regards, Alexandra
0 Kudos