Items with no label
3335 Discussions

D435i Not seen in Reslsense Viewerwhen plugged into USB 3.0 Ubuntu 18.04

JMazz1
Novice

I have followed all instructions for the camera and installed the newest version of the SDK and updated to the lastest firmware. After a fresh install, the camera is still not being seen by the Realsense viewer. It seems to fail as soon as it is plugged into the USB 3.0 port. dmesg states that it failed configuration when plugged in.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
JMazz1
Novice

I got the camera working. I bought a PCIe USB 3.0 gen 2 card and the camera is now recognized. It doesn't enumerate on standard 3.0 though

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
13 Replies
Eliza_D_Intel
Employee

Hello JMazz1,

Thank you for your interest in the Intel RealSense D435i camera.

Could you please let us know when did you start noticing these issues? Did the camera work as expected in the past?

Is it possible to check the camera on another computer and see if it is recognized there? Can you please check other USB ports from the computer too? (can be USB2 as wel).

Also, could you please confirm that you are using the original cable that came with the camera?

Thank you and best regards,

Eliza

0 Kudos
JMazz1
Novice

As soon as I started using the camera in Ubuntu it would nott work. The USB 3.0 ports do work on te machine as the T265 camera works on them (although not very well since it drops a lot of frames). I am using the supplied cable that came with the camera. The camera works in Windows 10 just fine but not in Ubuntu 18.04. I have also tried installing the newest firmware with no luck.

0 Kudos
Eliza_D_Intel
Employee

Hello JMazz1,

Have you tried updating the firmware on Ubuntu or Windows? The instructions for Ubuntu 18 are slightly different, as errors tend to appears. Is it possible to update the firmware on Windows 10 and then try once again on Ubuntu?

Also, another thing you can try is to unplug and replug the camera really quickly and see if you see the camera in RealSense Viewer? Also, if you click on "Add source", is the camera present?

Thank you,

Eliza

0 Kudos
JMazz1
Novice

Firmware was updated via windows. Nothing shows up in add source, i have reinstalled the OS several times and followed instructions as well as tried pretty much everything in this forum with no success.

0 Kudos
Eliza_D_Intel
Employee

Hello JMazz1,

Could you please download an older RealSense Viewer and check if the camera is detected then? You can try version 2.18.1: https://github.com/IntelRealSense/librealsense/releases

Thank you,

Eliza

0 Kudos
JMazz1
Novice

Can you link how to install an older version. I am not sure how to get the old version as it all links to installing the newer version when clicking Linux installation

0 Kudos
Eliza_D_Intel
Employee

Hello JMazz1,

Firstly, please download the source for an older version (source code.tar.gz). Here is the download link: https://github.com/IntelRealSense/librealsense/archive/v2.18.1.tar.gz

From the instructions you were following, just skip the "Download/Clone librealsense github repository:".

Thank you,

Eliza

0 Kudos
JMazz1
Novice

I have tried this just now and it still only recognizes the T265 and the D435i does not show up. It fails to enumerate on USB 3.0 . I have also tried fresh installs of 18.04 on another machine with an Intel based processor and it runs into the same issue.

0 Kudos
Eliza_D_Intel
Employee

Hello JMazz1,

Thank you for the details! We are looking into this issue.

You said that you have checked on another computer D435i and it failed. Could you please confirm it has Ubuntu 18 too? The camera still works on Windows, right?

Best regards,

Eliza

0 Kudos
JMazz1
Novice

Yes it was Ubuntu 18.04. Yes it still works in windows. It works on Ubuntu 18.04 on USB 2.0 and shows up as USB 2.1 (never heard of this spec) but has issues there as well. USB 2.0 it is the only way I can get the camera to even show up in Ubuntu 18.04. Unfortunately with USB 2.0 its limited in its capabilities and crashes a lot.

0 Kudos
Eliza_D_Intel
Employee

Hello JMazz1,

Thank you for the details!

We are currently looking into this issue and we will come back at you as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Eliza

0 Kudos
Eliza_D_Intel
Employee

Hello  JMazz1,

Could you please provide us the result of  lsusb -v?

Thank you,

Eliza

0 Kudos
JMazz1
Novice

I got the camera working. I bought a PCIe USB 3.0 gen 2 card and the camera is now recognized. It doesn't enumerate on standard 3.0 though

0 Kudos